By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which version of Modern Warfare 2 are you getting?

shio said:
welshbloke said:
I will get the PC standard version although I am still humming an harring about whether to cancel my preorder with Game and get it via Steam. Only thing that pisses me off a bit is that the prices are the same but as I will need to have it for Friday the 13th to go to a LAN the Steam edition might just have the edge.

Just cancel it altogether, MW2 won't even have dedicated servers. You'd be better off just by buying COD4.

I can't believe so many people is going to buy MW2 on PC when the experience will be exactly the same as consoles' matchmaking P2P crap.

Let's not forget the fact that teams will be 9 v 9 now!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

i was lucky enough to snag the pestige edition for ps3

The normal X360 version from Amazon, thanks to the $20 GC they are offering.
With free super saver shipping because it's a Xmas present and I don't need it on launch day.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

shio said:
welshbloke said:
I will get the PC standard version although I am still humming an harring about whether to cancel my preorder with Game and get it via Steam. Only thing that pisses me off a bit is that the prices are the same but as I will need to have it for Friday the 13th to go to a LAN the Steam edition might just have the edge.

Just cancel it altogether, MW2 won't even have dedicated servers. You'd be better off just by buying COD4.

I can't believe so many people is going to buy MW2 on PC when the experience will be exactly the same as consoles' matchmaking P2P crap.

Well £25 vs £40 (best prices I've seen for PC and 360) does have it's attractiveness...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Be Getting PS3 Hardened Edition Since the PC Version wont have dedicated servers and PS3 Version Is suppose to be the best version of the 3 and i wont have to Pay for LIVE :P or to get my 360 fixed ...and be getting it off Amazon since with preorders you get $20 off A future Video game

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network

Reg 360 version. I love when a huge game is released. Nothing better than firing up the Xbox and seeing how many of your friends are playing the same game. I'll take a guess and say 10 on my list will be on at the same time playing MW2.

Standard Edition for PS3. I only buy Special Editions if I'm a huge fan of the game. Like God of War III.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Generic PC version.

The one that isnt shit. A.K.A none of them.