By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Half of U.S. kids will get food stamps - SO SAD

Kasz216 said:
ckmlb said:
Kasz216 said:
ckmlb said:
Earlier post shows that 66% of people on Welfare are White.

I agree with a lot of that, but is Welfare forgetting non-minorities? I don't think it is.

Forgetting, no... but more could be done when you consider a lot of the programs we have.

I think more can be done to help all Americans, but in most cases it will increase taxes (And deficit) and the Republicans would oppose it.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

Its sad that so many children are dependant on food-stamps, and it is also very sad that parents’ priorities have become so distorted that they will own a PS3 and a fancy new car but are dependant on the government to feed their children. I’m not trying to be the most insensitive person in the world, and I do believe that there are some people who are permanently on food stamps and need them (and others who are temporarily on food stamps while out of work), but I’m not naïve enough to believe that most of these children would risk starvation if they didn’t have food stamps.

I haven't read far enough in this thread yet to know if someones already said this - but you wont qualify for food stamps if you have a "fancy new car". You can't get foodstamps if your car is worth over $3000 I think it was, at least in this state.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan