By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Quantic Dream said "PS3 by far the best platform for Heavy Rain."

PS3 “by far the best platform” for Heavy Rain
BY Lee Bradley Oct. 31st, 2009 More on:David CageHeavy Rain

He didn’t really want to get dragged into it, but Quantic Dream’s founder and co-CEO David Cage has revealed his belief that the PlayStation 3-exclusive Heavy Rain wouldn’t be possible on any other system.

Speaking during his Developer Session at today’s Eurogamer Expo in London, Cage was responding to a question from one of the attendees following a demonstration of the game. After a bit of a pause and an audible sigh, Cage said, “Whatever I answer, my answer will be suspicious… Honestly, I don’t think so. I think it had to be on PlayStation 3 for two main reasons: the hardware, the architecture of the PS3 is extremely powerful in the way it is structured. If you make a real PS3 engine, then you can have really fantastic performances. If you try to port from another platform, then it becomes difficult.”

Cage continued, “This is a console we all love at the studio. I play PSOne, PS2, it’s really a part of my culture. The controller is part of my home… and it’s a really, really powerful console. I’m not so much into graphics, to be honest with you, I don’t believe you need ultra realistic graphics to get emotion, you can get that with very low graphics. But we wanted to create emotion from believable characters, that was the idea. With this approach PS3 was by far the best platform.”

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2009/10/31/ps3-by-far-the-best-platform-for-heavy-rain/

Gintama is the funniest show EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud owner of all currnet gen consoles.

I not a big wii fan

Okita the sadist.

Around the Network

I might be wrong, but what possibly would he say other than that?

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

Can someone tell me what Heavy Rain is?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

The real reason is that it would probably be in a 50 disc box set on any other format, with as much cutscenes as this game will have.

Lurker said:
The real reason is that it would probably be in a 50 disc box set on any other format, with as much cutscenes as this game will have.

you are  probably wrong

mM
Around the Network

And?

if its one guy who is honest its David Cage.
so i take this is why Sucker punch said developing on ps3 is easy while other third parties whined.
porting is hard but building is easy? ,interesting... so sony made this move to make third parties go PS3 only i see.

Riot Of The Blood said:
Can someone tell me what Heavy Rain is?

it just a game with the best graphics i have ever seen (and i own uncharted 2). dont no what the gameplays like looks a bit stiff from gamescom demo but it still has a couple of months to fix it.

the story is someone gets killed by someone they call the origami killer they you play as four character investigating and tryin to find this killer.
if your characther gets killed you move on to the next one.  if you gt them all killed the case doesnt get solved.  but there is lots of different options for trying to find the stuff out.

the face are apparently actual peoples faces scanned in, in every detail.

lmao at the lack of heavy rain popularity on the internet.

coolbeans said:
Has Quantic been working on any other system except PS3 this gen?

Heavy Rain was multiplat when it was first announced.

4 ≈ One