By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Quantic Dream said "PS3 by far the best platform for Heavy Rain."

Xbox 360 Garnett says "Someone is on Sony's pay check!

PS3 Garnett says "Of course they are, they developed the game and Sony is publishing the damn thing!"

Around the Network

if they made a game on the 360 and actually tried to push it too its limits then i could respect this only possible crap statement i keep hearing about. when a 3rd party company really tries to push both systems and then says the ps3 can only do this game, then i will respect that statement alot more, u know. i will get this game on day 1 for sure, i just wish companies would stop using "only possible" crap.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

To be honest I was much more impressed by GOW3. Heavy Rain has great character models and rain effects but they've definately sacrificed the rest of the games visuals in order to achieve that. Oh it looks like it will be a wandering around QTE game as that's what I got to play. The QTE varies depending on when you press them. So if you miss the first time around, you can carry on but you've just made things more difficult for yourself. I think it's going to be an interactive story game, the focus will be on story telling and character development and the QTE is there to keep the player engaged time to time.

I can understand the visuals for heavy rain is amazing, but does anyone else feel the uncanny valley settling in.

(maybe its just me)

Well i can understand that. I mean how can you say the platform you are working on is the best for what you want to achieve without sounding arrogant?

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

It WOULD have sounded strange if he said "360/Wii would've been better for Heavy Rain. We screwed up. Sorry."

Yayz do I start saying TEH CELL?

can't wait for Track Season 2009/2010, guna beast out!

Travis Touchdown ERECTION CONFIRMED!

forest-spirit said:
It WOULD have sounded strange if he said "360/Wii would've been better for Heavy Rain. We screwed up. Sorry."

LOL, nice one!

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Badassbab said:
To be honest I was much more impressed by GOW3. Heavy Rain has great character models and rain effects but they've definately sacrificed the rest of the games visuals in order to achieve that. Oh it looks like it will be a wandering around QTE game as that's what I got to play. The QTE varies depending on when you press them. So if you miss the first time around, you can carry on but you've just made things more difficult for yourself. I think it's going to be an interactive story game, the focus will be on story telling and character development and the QTE is there to keep the player engaged time to time.

Different strokes I guess because I saw very little improvement from GOW 2 and GOW 3 and its apparent now that it wont be one of the best graphics on the ps3 as GOW 2 was THE best the ps2 had to offer in that department.

Heavy Rain is definitely shaping up to be something special just the mention of it has me frantically looking for my copy of Indigo Prophecy  so that I can replay that awesome game(only did one playthrough).........

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Speaking during his Developer Session at today’s Eurogamer Expo in London, Cage was responding to a question from one of the attendees following a demonstration of the game. After a bit of a pause and an audible sigh, Cage said, “Whatever I answer, my answer will be suspicious… Honestly, I don’t think so. I think it had to be on PlayStation 3 for two main reasons: the hardware, the architecture of the PS3 is extremely powerful in the way it is structured. If you make a real PS3 engine, then you can have really fantastic performances. If you try to port from another platform, then it becomes difficult.”

He never said it was possible on PS3 only. He just said it becomes difficult when you try to port. Obviously enough. Same thing would happen with a Wii or 360 exclusive. Yet people seem to have missed that and start saying about sony paycheck. Kind of funny.