By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Rules About Calling Things "Exclusive"

psrock said:
Was this such a big deal? I believe it was just few members of this site who can't wait to post threads about 360/PC games hyping it up as " Exclusives" .

Warn them, banned but seriously I don't think the tone or talking down to your members was needed. Especially when most of us agree with you.

Yet we forget the endless replies in those threads?

We all know that it wasn't just the OP's that were involved in the endless arguments in those threads.

Clarification like this thread is always nice... no?

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

Well this is unfair to the Xbox. U'r making an already tiny Xbox community here even weaker by making this rule.

Now it's free for Sony fans to boast by saying they have far more exclusives than Xbox.

makingmusic476 said:
dsister44 said:
So what about LittleBigPlanet? Exclusive or not?

The PSP version of LittleBigPLanet is different from the PS3 version in all but name.  Why on earth would it be considered an exclusive?

And even then, the name is "LittleBigPlanet PSP".  Not simply "LittleBigPlanet".  Much like "New Super Mario Bros. DS" vs "New Super Mario Bros. Wii".

This post confuses me

Is it just me or does the red contradict the green. And I don't see anywhere where it says it's name is "LittleBigPlanet PSP". And from what I understand the only difference is the lack of dimensions and of co-op. About what is added to a PS3 game from a 360 port

@Slimebeast
Then ask them who got the 40/40 version of Bayonetta :p

OT:

Hopefully this will save some pointless debate in the future.

Fair enough. I guess it could eliminate some of the bickering.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
makingmusic476 said:
dsister44 said:
So what about LittleBigPlanet? Exclusive or not?

The PSP version of LittleBigPLanet is different from the PS3 version in all but name.  Why on earth would it be considered an exclusive?

And even then, the name is "LittleBigPlanet PSP".  Not simply "LittleBigPlanet".  Much like "New Super Mario Bros. DS" vs "New Super Mario Bros. Wii".

This post confuses me

Is it just me or does the red contradict the green. And I don't see anywhere where it says it's name is "LittleBigPlanet PSP". And from what I understand the only difference is the lack of dimensions and of co-op. About what is added to a PS3 game from a 360 port

Sorry, I meant to say "why on earth wouldn't it be considered an exclusive?"

And the game has an entirely new set of levels, a new soundtrack, etc.  It's like Super Mario Galaxy vs Super Mario Galaxy 2.  Same basic concept, yeah, but they have their differences.

As for the name, they had temporary box arts at my store that included "PSP" after the name, but I can't find anything like that online.  Similarly, Gran Turismo PSP is technically called just Gran Turismo, meanwhile it's nothing like the original Gran Turismo.

I think you get my point now lol.

Slimebeast said:

Well this is unfair to the Xbox. U'r making an already tiny Xbox community here even weaker by making this rule.

Now it's free for Sony fans to boast by saying they have far more exclusives than Xbox.

I know I said I wouldn't respond to anything, but I lied. Cause I can. I'm awesome like that.

Anyway, the term console exclusive is still accurate and appropriate. The goal of this is to allow more intelligent and on-topic discussions about all games, without the debates over the misuse of the term. This way people can discuss the big games on their platforms with signifficantly less arguments, and all gamers platforms of preference will be respected. 360 gamers have no more rights than PC gamers or anyone else. Everyone should be treated fairly, and have their views and preferences respected. I hope you can understand this.

naznatips said:
Slimebeast said:

I know I said I wouldn't respond to anything, but I lied. Cause I can. I'm awesome like that.

Anyway, the term console exclusive is still accurate and appropriate. The goal of this is to allow more intelligent and on-topic discussions about all games, without the debates over the misuse of the term. This way people can discuss the big games on their platforms with signifficantly less arguments, and all gamers platforms of preference will be respected. 360 gamers have no more rights than PC gamers or anyone else. Everyone should be treated fairly, and have their views and preferences respected. I hope you can understand this.

This is also prevents confusion over what platforms a game is going to.  It's not cool thinking you can't play a game based on a thread title, only to find out you CAN play it after learning more about the game.

naznatips said:
Slimebeast said:

Win!

@ dsister

The game isn't the same at all. It just shares the name with a console tag at the end. It's much like NSMB on DS and NSMB on Wii.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Run this by Ubisoft who's been calling Splinter Cell: Conviction an Xbox 360 exclusive from day one. Developers are doing it now, so why can't we? Also, considering the site doesn't track PC sales, and that is the main purpose of this site, I really have never understood why there's a PC forum anyway. No offense to PC gamers.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.