By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How Would You Feel If Sony Announced The PS4 at E3 2010?

I would feel the same thing a girl would feel when she's is forced to have sexual relationships.

Around the Network

I only care about the price. If they announced a ps4 it tomorrow for $250 or lower and the games would be priced back to the tastey $50, i'd be very happy.

just got my ps3 this year so i would be a little put out to say the least... i thought there was a ten year life cycle? besides ps3 will outsell the 360 by jan 1st 2012 so the best is yet to come

I just got my PS3 last Christmas. I'd be pissed!

Considering how little advancment a PS4 could have over the PS3 buy the end of next year, I would just ignore them and hope it fails. The iPhone of home consoles is the last thing I want. Minor upgrades every year for the same price. Thats called a PC.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

It will not happen. There is no question about it.

Holiday 2012 at the earliest,
-with Natal and Sphere inbound
-With FF, GOW, GT all just coming out for the first time
-with all 3rd party devs just recently hitting their strides on the HD consoles
-with a PS3 just now hitting the launch price of the 360 ($300)
-With HD tv's and Blu-Ray just recently becoming slightly mainstream
-With hardware where graphics have become one of the last priorities
-With solid sales of all consoles well into 2011 (most likely)

These are all reasons this generation should stay around much longer than any other gen in the past. I guarantee with game dev budgets already sky high with profits razor thin (typically), there is no reason for another gen just yet, or anytime soon. Plus, now this is the first gen where a continuous stream of updated consoles with new features/ larger hard drives appear on a consistent basis without an entire new gen ever being announced.

Will Microsoft release a version of the 360 with Blu-Ray, wifi, Natal? maybe.
Will Nintendo release the Wii+ with a hard drive and hd capability? probably.
There might even be versions of the 360 and PS3 that have more ram, where future games that are released will scale according to what system you have, (similar to a PC.. look for MS to introduce this BS) All of which will most likely happen without any official start to the next generation of hardware.

I cant claim what the others will do, but it would be very stupid for Sony to introduce the PS4 before Christmas 2012 at the EARLIEST.

I could go on... but I wont.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

I will be extremely happy to see Sony's PS4 hit shelves in fall 2011. That way I can buy my new WiiHD, PS4 and hopefully NextBox all within the next two years. To be honest I was an early adopter so I've got alot out of my systems, I'm ready to see whats next. Although I can see why some people would be upset. But remember Sony promised to support the PS3 for 10 years that means whether or not the PS4 launches you'll still get plenty of software.

Those who bought the PS3 last year or this year, your a late adopter so why should you care about PS4? When you won't be buying it for a few years anyways?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

I wouldn't buy another Playstation

mM

Alright for all of you saying you wouldn't buy another Playstation what would you do if All of the big 3 announced new platforms? Give up on gaming entirely ?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

i guess it'd be okay, but i think they might be jumping the gun a little bit if they did. the year after would be a smarter move i think