By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much of a system seller is Gran Turismo?

Gran Turismo is held up as a killer app that shifts sales of consoles.  I am curious to what extent is it that.  Curious about some things:

1. How many people are waiting for Gran Turismo to come out for the PS3 before they will buy a PS3?  Do people here know of anyone who is this situation?

2. How much of a sales of the PSP increased since Gran Turismo has been released for it?

I can see a title being a must-have for people who own a console (Gran Turismo, God of War, Uncharted, Halo, etc... all would arguably fit into this).  But in regards to getting people to buy a console for it, how much so is Gran Turismo now?  By the way, I am feeling at this point and time, anything Halo fits into the same boat, and likely anything Mario on a Nintendo console.

Around the Network

PSP hardware hasn't really been affected by GT PSP, but there is a new bundle, that might affect HW

mM

Unless you live in Europe, you will never know how insanely popular that series is, the PSP version got terrible reviews and didn't sell as much, but PSP games have better legs than you think.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

it will be huge

We wont feel the affect in NA or Japan but Europe...Im willing to bet that Gran Turismo 5 is the catalyst that sends the PS3 over the 360 next year in Europe if it didnt accomplish that feat this Holiday

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

It will move a lot of consoles in all regions. Europe will see the biggest increase.

Considering Uncharted 2... A reletively unknown franchise with the 1st game already on PS3, increased hardware Worldwide by 20%.

Gran Turismo 5 will provide 100% boost in Others alone.

Gran Turismo is Europe's Halo and Dragon Quest.

Carl2291 said:
Considering Uncharted 2... A reletively unknown franchise with the 1st game already on PS3, increased hardware Worldwide by 20%.

Gran Turismo 5 will provide 100% boost in Others alone.

Gran Turismo is Europe's Halo and Dragon Quest.

i like.

It could be pretty huge.

But GT5P may have brought in quite a few of those hardcore GT fans.
We'll find out though.

Carl2291 said:

What percentage of increase in sales of the PS3 is due to Uncharted 2, and how much is due to the price cut?