By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Japanese Language Thread

Welcome to the Japanese Language Thread. You can just chill out, speak Japanese, speak English, speak giberish for all I care. Have fun, or if you want to learn Japanese (well, you can learn AND have fun) just let it out here.

Tips:

• Start off slow, don't have such high expectations, and don't be discouraged if you don't meet them
  • Brute epetition helps in remembering things.
  • Application helps in remembering and actually writing and speaking Japanese. (Write practice sentences, make random phrases)

Microsoft Global Input Method Editors (IMEs)

Denshi Jisho- Online Japanese dictionairy

Kanji Box (Facebook)

Flash Card Machine

Hiragana Flash Card

Lessons:

Lesson 1: Basic sentence structure. Particles ga (topic) wo (direct object)

Around the Network

I like how Japanese sounds, dunno why, though. ^_^

Well, that's it.

C03n3nj0 out!

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

....OMG TEACH ME...or did you use google translate!
OK....use...
http://translate.google.com/translate_t#ja|en|

ボーイズラブ暑いです

Google translate sucks trust me, anyway I started basic hiragana which isn't bad but In haven't had the motivation to follow through. Akvod HELP ME!

My speaking level is a way higher level though (through the countless jap drama viewing)

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

i wanna learn japanese....but i is slow.....*learns*

Around the Network

all I see is numbers? not that it matters, lol, I wanna learn Japanese someday, but I dont know any atm

Kunsha tsi uno? Es tebayoi kun la chow.

Hee, nagasugiru. Gomen kedo, anna wall-of-text wo yomu no wa chotto mendou, kanji wo jisho ni sagasu koto ga ichiban mendou.
Kedo, nanka nihongo de hanashitai nara itsudemo ii desuyo. (Itsudemo ii desuyo = Jade's taunt in TotA, lol)
Sukoshi mae PC wo reformat shita kara kanji, hiragana to katakana wa nai kedo(mondai wa kaku no dake, mieru no wa mondai arimasen).

Maa, koko wa mou asa no ichiji dakara neni iku. Oyasumi.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

I think you said kanji was the hardest? I think thats the only thing I can catch on.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Eh, thats long. I'm sorry but I can't be bothered reading such a wall-of-text, especialy the kanjis, which I have to search in dictionary.
But, if you just want to talk, I'm up for it anytime.
I have reformated my PC a while ago so I don't have any other languages than English (and Slovenian) set. (so I can't write, but reading is no problem)

Well, its already 1 in the morning so I'm going to sleep. Good night.

Something like that.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."