By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Japanese Language Thread

Kamal said:
Do you speak it with your relatives or friends.

Through languages am a great speaker, but as soon as I learned how hard japanese literture I just turned a blind eye.

There's 46 symbols in Hiragana, there Katakana then Kanji.

Mirson had a programme he used so I just wait for him to reply.

How did you learn Japanese Avkod?

I speak it with only relatives. Didn't really know the few Japanese people that were in my community.

So your problem is with Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji?

Well don't worry too much about Kanji or even Katakana for now. Just remember Hiragana. It's the basic basic thing you need. You technically don't need kanji, but it really helps since writing all hiragana is space consuming.

I might make a Hiragana flash card on this flash card program I just found on the web, and give it to you.

GET A WHITE BOARD!!!

Hiragana, katakana, KANJI.

Writing practice/example sentences with ease, quickness, and erasing it quickly.

It really helps in learning Japanese guys.

Also flash cards (that's why I'm going to experiment with the flash card program)

Say the hiragana out loud, over and over.

Write the hiragana (on a white board) over and over.

Here, from now on (and I'll edit the last lesson too) so that it'll be hiragana and English on the bottom.

Around the Network

Microsoft Global Input Method Editors (IMEs):http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/downloads/recommended/ime/default.mspx

TYPE HIRAGANA USING THIS!!!

Since you'll be using the "sounds", you'll be able to speak it easily when you do this.

Thanks Avkod.

I start learning it by this evening repot back on my progress.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Does it work on Vista?

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Haha, don't get your expectations high. It's ok if you don't learn hiragana instantly.

Here, just be able to write:
あいうえお

And be able to say the "あいうえお song"

Remember, it's just a, i, u, e, o + k (ka, ki, ku, ke, ko); a, i, u, e, o + s (sa, shi, su, se, so)

A, ka, sa, ta, na. Ha, ma, ya, ra, wa.

That'll be for this week.

Next week make learn the "ten ten's" (ぎ、び)

And the "maru's" (ぴ)

Around the Network
Kamal said:
Does it work on Vista?

Roseta Stone?

Should since it's the biggest language learning program I know O.o

Akvod said:
Haha, don't get your expectations high. It's ok if you don't learn hiragana instantly.

あいうえお

Remember, it's just a, i, u, e, o + k (ka, ki, ku, ke, ko); a, i, u, e, o + s (sa, shi, su, se, so)

And the "maru's" (ぴ)

wow, you broke it very nicely. I think you should be called Akvod-Sensei

Kamal said:
Akvod said:

あいうえお

And the "maru's" (ぴ)

wow, you broke it very nicely. I think you should be called Akvod-Sensei

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiragana#Table_of_hiragana

That'll make what I said even clearer.

A, ka, sa, ta, na. Ha, ma, ya, ra, wa. Is just the vertical collumn. A, i, u, e, o is the horrizontal

Is the Yoon meant to represent the plural?

Kamal said:
Is the Yoon meant to represent the plural?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youon

Not at all. It's just another sound (just like hiragana, except it's made with a combination of two sounds).

So you have

き- ki

や- ya

きゃ -kya

さ -sa

や -ya

しゃ -sha

So just look over the hiragana side of the table in the Wikipedia page, and just say it out loud.

Kya, sha, cha, nya, hya, etc

Eg's of words that use Yoon:

しゃしん (sha-shinn "camera")

にゃ~ (onomotopeia "Meow")