By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo Reach: Microsoft’s ACE int he HOLE for 2010! -Agree/Disagree?!

Given that nobody has ever saw the game I don't think I can agree...

I hate these types of articles... Predicting a game's success before it even has a gameplay trailer.

Around the Network

The last two Halo's proved that Halo is no longer a system seller, at least for current HD generation. I think it would be tough to assume that Microsoft will be sucessfull in 2010 based on only Halo. They need more to compete with Sony's AAA titles:

-- GT5
-- God of War III
-- Heavy Rain
-- MAG
-- The Agent (from Rockstar)
-- The Last Guardian
-- ModNation Racers (This will be huge).
-- White Knight Chronicles.

IF:

A) Halo: Reach is gonna be as 'big' as Halo 3 according to many, then it's Microsoft's ACE game next year. That mean it's gonna be the MS mega mega game, completely dominating other MS games ie Alan Wake, Splinter Cell.

B) Gears of War 3 doesn't come out next year, then this will be the MS Ace Game.

bla bal bal ... some much bullshit.

I m not going to say HaloReach/Natal will not be big, no, that is not my point.
Neither that 2009 was an amazing year for 360 exclusive (lol Halo wars), no it is not my point.

But this guy do not realize that Halo ODST sold more than Uncharted2 for the moment meaning that the 2009 loser (according to him) sold more than the "real 2009 Halo" (U2 for him) that is just in total opposition to what he is claiming !!!!

Also, this guy is comparing software sales on Xbox vs PS2 WITHOUT NUMBERS !!

And finally, but not least, he is also mentionning the selling power of the Halo name on the Xbox/Xbox360 as if there was no others games (on PS2) able to sell like hot cake like .....................
................. ALL THE PS2 GAMES MENTIONNED ON HIS ARTICLE !!

Time to Work !

It will push some hardware, but only limited amounts. Remember, it's a same console sequel. Perhaps a slightly bigger bump than Uncharted 2.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
fxa5209 said:
The last two Halo's proved that Halo is no longer a system seller, at least for current HD generation. I think it would be tough to assume that Microsoft will be sucessfull in 2010 based on only Halo. They need more to compete with Sony's AAA titles:

-- GT5
-- God of War III
-- Heavy Rain
-- MAG
-- The Agent (from Rockstar)
-- The Last Guardian
-- ModNation Racers (This will be huge).
-- White Knight Chronicles.

Well, I look at Gran Turismo here:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=90658&page=1

How much is ANY title this point in the game a system seller?

Would it be a disappointment if this only sold 8-9 million and pushed around 25k consoles?

Another prequel? no thanks im not wasting my money again.

But if people like halo its gonna keep selling.

Troll article...BOOOOO!

We all know it will sell like 5 million minimum. It has Halo in the title. I just don't know if it's a system seller/PS3 killer.