By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo Reach: Microsoft’s ACE int he HOLE for 2010! -Agree/Disagree?!

Is seriously think we already reached a point where a single game can no longer sell a console. People who bought a console for a single game have already bought one. Now its all about those people who are still sitting on the fence looking for overall value and the size and quality of a gaming library.

However one way Microsoft can entice the consumer to pick up their console is to package this year's Halo ODST as a bundle for next years holiday after Halo Reach releases.

Around the Network
nofingershaha said:
Is seriously think we already reached a point where a single game can no longer sell a console. People who bought a console for a single game have already bought one. Now its all about those people who are still sitting on the fence looking for overall value and the size and quality of a gaming library.

However one way Microsoft can entice the consumer to pick up their console is to package this year's Halo ODST as a bundle for next years holiday after Halo Reach releases.

I think you are wrong. Despite so many years some genres are still lacking huge selling point. IMHO we have two big system sellers this year:

FF XIII which will drive many jrpg fans to PS3/X360 , Gran Turismo for PS3 as driving game on that platform lack big title and in 2010/2011 DQ X will move a lot of Wiis.

Other than those 3 i think there won't be many system pushing games .

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
nofingershaha said:

I think you are wrong. Despite so many years some genres are still lacking huge selling point. IMHO we have two big system sellers this year:

FF XIII which will drive many jrpg fans to PS3/X360 , Gran Turismo for PS3 as driving game on that platform lack big title and in 2010/2011 DQ X will move a lot of Wiis.

Other than those 3 i think there won't be many system pushing games .

Perhaps so with just those three titles because of the brand recognition they hold. However, the dramatic numbers that was associated with the release of Halo 3 or even MGS4 might not be seen this generation again.