By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Favorite films of 2009

Off the top of my head: District 9, Moon, Coraline and Zombieland were all very good.

Paranormal Activity was bad. I wasn't scared or creeped out. I was amused by Micah and his persistence but by time he was putting down baby powder in the hallway I was rolling my eyes and wondering when it was going to be over. A few parts made me laugh, and the relationship between Micah and Katie seemed believable for the first part of the movie. After that, their sheer stupidity and my inability to take the chain of events seriously ruined it. More than anything, it's a reminder to take hype with a huge grain of salt.

Edit: Apparantly there are two ending, one for the original version (film-festival version) and theratrical version. Since I downloaded the movie, apparantly I saw the film-festival version.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
stof said:
Well Pastro, do you enjoy some other horror comedies? I mean the kind that are horror movies with a twisted sense of humour, as opposed to comedies that poke fun of ghosts and stuff?

Because really, I can't think of another film made this decade that comes close to Drag me to Hell for sheer enjoyable twisted humour horror.

No, I dont enjoy them, I think I was angry because when I saw everyone say it was such a good movie I though of something more serious, something more scary, I dont know, I watched braindead and I though the was the worst movie ever but many people seem to consider it great, guess its not my kind of genre.

But the last horror movie I considered good was the exorcist.

Drag Me To Hell is my favorite film of the year, by far. I've watched plenty of good movies, but Drag Me felt so original and I really enjoyed every minute of it, even the goofiness of the exorcism.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

I think Avatar will be the best movie of 2009. I predict a lot of Oscar nominations and some wins too.

Boutros said:
I think Avatar will be the best movie of 2009. I predict a lot of Oscar nominations and some wins too.

Quoted so I can hold you to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

I forgot about Coraline. *ads to original post*

I quite liked it, but damn I wish I could have seen it in 3D

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

my favorite films of 2009 are:

harry potter ~ i always anticipate every harry potter series because it is on of my favorite.

ice age 3 ~ i've always loved watching animated films...and lastly

the twilight saga: new moon ~ i think everyone is excited and anticpating this film..it's on of my favorite films.

database design

a perfect getaway (smart movie)
coraline (better in 2D if watching on TV)

havent seen too many movies released in 09, planning to go see the 4th kind, 2012, drag me to hell on dvd and avatar

and ice age 3

pastro243 said:
stof said:
Well Pastro, do you enjoy some other horror comedies? I mean the kind that are horror movies with a twisted sense of humour, as opposed to comedies that poke fun of ghosts and stuff?

Because really, I can't think of another film made this decade that comes close to Drag me to Hell for sheer enjoyable twisted humour horror.

No, I dont enjoy them, I think I was angry because when I saw everyone say it was such a good movie I though of something more serious, something more scary, I dont know, I watched braindead and I though the was the worst movie ever but many people seem to consider it great, guess its not my kind of genre.

So you should be mad at the people who told you it was good because it was Sam Raimi doing what Sam Raimi is good at. 

twesterm said:
pastro243 said:
stof said:

So you should be mad at the people who told you it was good because it was Sam Raimi doing what Sam Raimi is good at. 

Yeah, it was the same guy that once told me twilight was good, now I fell again, but now I just downloaded the movie(Im glad I didnt pay)