By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Favorite films of 2009

Signalstar said:
Boutros said:
I think Avatar will be the best movie of 2009. I predict a lot of Oscar nominations and some wins too.

Quoted so I can hold you to this.

ahah

I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Is it hard to believe? It looks very good and it's a movie made by James Cameron so there's no mistake here.

You can also quote this:

It will be nominated in:

Best Art Direction

Best Original Score (James Horner ftw)

Best Original Song (I think but it's the one I'm the least sure)

Best Sound Editing

Best Sound Mixing

Best Visual Effects (It will win for sure)

Best Director

It might be nominated in some other categorises but those are a sure bet.

It's hard to say what it will win but it will win at least 3 oscars.

hehe

Around the Network

Pretty sure Avatar will be in the mix come Oscars time. I would love it to outdo Transformers 2 at the US boxoffice too but that's a pretty big ask, mostly due to the lack of 3D equipped theatres.

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

The trailer didn't impress me much but since when has Cameran made a bad film?

I'll definetely go see it in imax when its released.

check_itjess said:

my favorite films of 2009 are:

harry potter ~ i always anticipate every harry potter series because it is on of my favorite.

ice age 3 ~ i've always loved watching animated films...and lastly

the twilight saga: new moon ~ i think everyone is excited and anticpating this film..it's on of my favorite films.

database design

You've already seen New Moon? Or you're anticipating it will be one of your favourite films?

Twilight was utterly dreadful but New Moon looks like being a huge improvement.

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

The Hangover was awesome. So was Up and Drag Me to Hell. Didn't get a chance to see Inglorious Bastards though.

Last House on the Left was surprisingly good. Shinjuku Incident (the Jackie Chan movie) was ok. It's not bad but not amazingly good either.

Knowing was horrible. I've always enjoyed movies made by Alex Proyas but Knowing was such a letdown.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network
saicho said:
The Hangover was awesome. So was Up and Drag Me to Hell. Didn't get a chance to see Inglorious Bastards though.

Last House on the Left was surprisingly good. Shinjuku Incident (the Jackie Chan movie) was ok. It's not bad but not amazingly good either.

Knowing was horrible. I've always enjoyed movies made by Alex Proyas but Knowing was such a letdown.

I agree.

I loved Last House on the Left.

I never saw the original movie but I would call it a very good remake.

The Hurt Locker and Moon.

Star Trek was probably my favourite popcorn movie - but it still sucked in places and I felt while it was fun it missed the point (and the plot) a fair bit.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

pastro243 said:
twesterm said:
pastro243 said:
stof said:
Well Pastro, do you enjoy some other horror comedies? I mean the kind that are horror movies with a twisted sense of humour, as opposed to comedies that poke fun of ghosts and stuff?

Because really, I can't think of another film made this decade that comes close to Drag me to Hell for sheer enjoyable twisted humour horror.

No, I dont enjoy them, I think I was angry because when I saw everyone say it was such a good movie I though of something more serious, something more scary, I dont know, I watched braindead and I though the was the worst movie ever but many people seem to consider it great, guess its not my kind of genre.

But the last horror movie I considered good was the exorcist.

So you should be mad at the people who told you it was good because it was Sam Raimi doing what Sam Raimi is good at. 

Yeah, it was the same guy that once told me twilight was good, now I fell again, but now I just downloaded the movie(Im glad I didnt pay)

A person who enjoys both Drag me to Hell and Twilight seems to be a human contradiction to me. Twilight was an epic bore.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
pastro243 said:
twesterm said:
pastro243 said:
stof said:
Well Pastro, do you enjoy some other horror comedies? I mean the kind that are horror movies with a twisted sense of humour, as opposed to comedies that poke fun of ghosts and stuff?

Because really, I can't think of another film made this decade that comes close to Drag me to Hell for sheer enjoyable twisted humour horror.

No, I dont enjoy them, I think I was angry because when I saw everyone say it was such a good movie I though of something more serious, something more scary, I dont know, I watched braindead and I though the was the worst movie ever but many people seem to consider it great, guess its not my kind of genre.

But the last horror movie I considered good was the exorcist.

So you should be mad at the people who told you it was good because it was Sam Raimi doing what Sam Raimi is good at. 

Yeah, it was the same guy that once told me twilight was good, now I fell again, but now I just downloaded the movie(Im glad I didnt pay)

A person who enjoys both Drag me to Hell and Twilight seems to be a human contradiction to me. Twilight was an epic bore.

He was a critic on tv, he didnt say he liked them, he made a boring analisis that basically said they were OK, that, added to friends that told me they were good(different friends) made me watch them, for me they are both bad, very bad.

you guys all know you loved revenge of the fallen!