By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz Meetup, London - Friday 30th October

Well, I'm going to the event tomorrow, but I doubt I'll be able to go to the drinks afterwards, as I have work at 8 in the morn, and I'm with a group of friends, but nothing's impossible.

Following Matrix logic, it would be inevitable that I go, unfortunately, life's not the Matrix - fortunately, Keanu Reeves is just an evil invention of Hollywood.

Around the Network
ioi said:

I'm hoping to get about 20-25 of us at E3 next year - gonna rival all the big boys. We should be able to get passes and everything else, but obviously I can't cover flights and accomodation for 20 odd people, we could maybe arrange something with hotels like last year but everyone will have to cover their own transport at the very least!

So what I'm saying is that it will be open first to all staff (contributors, mods, game db admins etc) but more prominent forum members can definitely have a chance to go if you're keen on writing stuff up and willing to cover your own transport costs. So yes - get saving!!

thats fine. transport, when booked far enough in advance, should be cheap as chips.

i'd be more than happy to write stuff up, and i could always play the "under-represented girl gamer who is being sexually discriminated against" card to secure a place, right??    (joking).

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
trashleg said:
ioi said:

I'm hoping to get about 20-25 of us at E3 next year - gonna rival all the big boys. We should be able to get passes and everything else, but obviously I can't cover flights and accomodation for 20 odd people, we could maybe arrange something with hotels like last year but everyone will have to cover their own transport at the very least!

So what I'm saying is that it will be open first to all staff (contributors, mods, game db admins etc) but more prominent forum members can definitely have a chance to go if you're keen on writing stuff up and willing to cover your own transport costs. So yes - get saving!!

thats fine. transport, when booked far enough in advance, should be cheap as chips.

i'd be more than happy to write stuff up, and i could always play the "under-represented girl gamer who is being sexually discriminated against" card to secure a place, right??    (joking).

You can be our photographer... or Vgchartz Booth babe!

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

elgefe02 said:
trashleg said:
ioi said:

Now we just need a Booth then! :o

A scottish boothbabe would be awesome though. How is your accent trashleg?

ioi said:
Gilgamesh said:
ioi said:

I'll get saving then. Not sure how I'll be able to contribute though, but I'd love to go just to see everything :)

You can playtest games and write previews, right?!

Hey ya I can do that, and maybe I can get in a drinking contest with Kaz or Hideo at the after party lol :D

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
elgefe02 said:
trashleg said:
ioi said:

tuned to perfection can i be photographer?!?! please??!? OMMGGGGG.

i'll be dressed as Lara Croft, look out for me

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
trashleg said:
Rainbird said:
elgefe02 said:
trashleg said:
ioi said:

Awesome. A photographing boothbabe with a scottish accent, dressed as Lara Croft! Beat that everyone else!

trashleg said:
Rainbird said:
elgefe02 said:
trashleg said:
ioi said:

Yes you can be our Photo Manager

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

whut.. i dont just wanna be eye candy im a gamer first, girl second!

but hey, if it gets me a guaranteed pass to E3 i'll promise to be whatever you want lol.

well, I can still make the meet up, just not the event as no tickets left