By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The alliance of random members who believe the N64 is better than the PS1!!

Khuutra said:
darthdevidem01 said:
ROFLROFLROFL @ OP!!!

MGS + FF + RE (back then it was actually good) + TOmb Raider + Crash Bandicoot + Gran Turismo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> N64

The best game on N64 was Super Mario 64 & Pokemon Stadium

The best game of that generation was Metal Gear Soild 1, followed by Final Fantasy VII and Gran Turismo & tomb raider.....then mario 64.

Metal Gear Solid wasn't even the best game released that year. Hell, it wasn't even in the top five.

I admit FF8 came close....but MGS1 was better

And How Dare You!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Khuutra said:

Metal Gear Solid wasn't even the best game released that year. Hell, it wasn't even in the top five.

I admit FF8 came close....but MGS1 was better

And How Dare You!

Games that beat up Metal Gear Solid and took its lunch money (in no particular order):

Half-Life
Starcraft
Banjo-Kazooie
F-Zero X
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Mr Puggsly said:
thetonestarr said:
I'm in, easily. Besides the points already made, the games on N64 typically aged much better than the PS1's.

Depends what games we're are talking about. Your way of thinking clearly only cherry picks a few games on both sides.

You trolled this thread. Your opinion is invalid.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
Mr Puggsly said:
thetonestarr said:
I'm in, easily. Besides the points already made, the games on N64 typically aged much better than the PS1's.

Depends what games we're are talking about. Your way of thinking clearly only cherry picks a few games on both sides.

You trolled this thread. Your opinion is invalid.

Well as an owner of the PS1, Saturn, and N64 I think my opinion is more valid than most. But think what you want buddy.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Khuutra said:
dtewi said:
Khuutra said:

Sure.

Would you want present day included as well, e.g. playing games via Virtual Console and PS2 backwards compatibility?

If they inform your "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" then sure. If not, you don't need to bother.

If you do include them, list them separately, if you would.

Okay then. Keep in mind this list might be incomplete due to lack of memory.

Playstation

In the 90s -

Ape Escape

Gex

Gex 3

Crash Bandicoot

Crash Bandicoot 2

Crash Bandicoot 3

Madden 99

Two of the Spyro Games (not sure which)

And like 15 other games that are considered crappy but I loved when I was 4 or 5 (like Animaniacs Bowling and Bugs Bunny: Lost in time)

Today-

Final Fantasy 7

Final Fantasy 8

Final Fantasy 9

And still have a few games I plan to get for it. Yeah, the PS1 is awesome.

Nintendo 64

In the 90s-

Super Smash Bros

Super Mario 64

Pokemon Snap!

I think a Mario Party

Today-

Ocarina of Time

Some shovelware here as well

Yeah, not much was going for the N64. If there were more good games for it, the list would have been bigger. There aren't other games I would be bothered to get for the N64. But with the PS1, there are STILL games I would like to get and was overall a much more fun experience in my childhood. The list might seem small for each and a bit stupid, but oh well.

PS1 is better than the N64.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Dtewi that is a terrible list. A terrible, terrible list.

Cripes

You owned like six N64 games, and then claimed those were all that one could reasonably think to own? You shame me. I am done of you!

Xenogears  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any N64 game

PS1 Controller >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> N64 Controller

CDs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cartridges

102 million sold  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 32.93 million sold

There is your answer :)

count me in! i liked the PS1 but the N64 is just way better.

indodude said:
This is madness!

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!

OT: Sign me up. I would say Dreamcast, but the N64 did own the ps1.

Garnett said:

If you didnt like JRPG's PS1 wasnt that good.

N64 > PS1

This pretty much sums up how things were in the fifth generation.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS