By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter - MW 2 to SELL 14 MILLION in the Holidays, 18 Million in 12 months!

Least Expectation: 4 mill ps3, 7 mill 360 = 11 mill Mid Expectations : 5 mill ps3, 8 mill 360 = 13 mill Higher Expectations: ps3 6 mill, 360 9 mill = 15 mill

Around the Network

Pachter is f'n crazy. He's a crazy old man. He speaks well for the mass market, but as for popular game sales, he needs to shut his senile mouth up. 14 million by Christmas? This guy really seems to have forgotten about the shitty economy and the fact that MW isn't exactly gaining popularity. MW2 will sell less than the first MW.

It may only have seven weeks to sell in this decade (00'-09'), but all indications are it will have the biggest launch of all time and jump into ~40th place in the top fifty list of biggest games on a single platform (X360) this decade.

The only other games released this year that even have a shot at getting on the top-fifty list are Wii Sports Resort (its 49th currently) and New Super Mario Brothers Wii...which Brett thinks could have a 2 million week one opening and glorious legs.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

If he somehow gets this right then this thread is definately getting bumped lol. Personally I think he's gone too high but it's not completely impossible. That being said there is a lot of PC gamer sales that will not be made this time due to the stupid no dedicated servers move.

No way. I dont think it will sell more than 10 million this year. LTD maybe 15 million. This game was overhype.

I expect
6 million on X360
3.5 million on PS3

Around the Network

So, no one else thinks Amazon and Wal Mart knocking $20 off the price via gift cards won't increase the sales?

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Tyrannical said:

So, no one else thinks Amazon and Wal Mart knocking $20 off the price via gift cards won't increase the sales?

It might, but with a game of this scale, the proportion of people that know about or will utilise the deal becomes smaller.

it will be massive,
but is guess it is overhyped.

i bought MW too (this year) but i thought it was not worth the hype.

of course, americans will buy it like usual (big marketing and a love for fps) but i guess in Europe the sales will not be as high as expected (still very big of course).
I say 9 mln end of 2009, 13 mln in first year on sale.

ioi said:
Week one:

360: 3m NA, 1.25m Others
PS3: 1.25m NA, 1m others

6.5m total.

Maybe go 1.75m week two, 1.25m, 1m then back up to 1.25m, 1.25m, 1m over the holidays.

14m is very possible.

Thanks for the breakdown!

wow it may outsell GTA4 week on PS3 alone!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Michael Patcher loves publicity.