By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm getting a Wii, female friendly games needed!

Just picked up my Wii with Zelda, Mario Kart, SSBB, Galaxy.

Played only Mario Kart so far, pretty fun, but I knew that already

The console set up was easier than I thought, the power brick is just ugly, but the ugliness was overcame by the 360's power brick beside it.

hey, at least it runs quiet.

Need to pick up a railshooter, RE UC, and a sport: Striker, tomorrow

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Well if you're not counting Super Smash Bros. Brawl in your list of Mario games, buy it. Girls love Brawl.

It's a great game for everyone. ^_^

get Umbrella chronicles.... the life is shared so you can rock the game and she won't die next to you ^^

and it works as a horror movie type thing... you could play close to each other :p

(it's a rail shooter)

(my favorite moment was when I had my gf scream "yes!!! ..... oh no, it's disgusting I blew his head off, i'm a horrible person now :(" (that was actually in gears 2, but she liked umbrella.))

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I find "girl friendly" games are usually just games that don't horribly stereotype women too much.

Girls are just like guys.  It's just videogames weren't as "accepted" for them when they were younger.  It's just a matter of finding what kind of player she is.

Kasz216 said:

I find "girl friendly" games are usually just games that don't horribly stereotype women too much.

Girls are just like guys.  It's just videogames weren't as "accepted" for them when they were younger.  It's just a matter of finding what kind of player she is.

Well, maybe it's true, but it sure doesn't apply to my girlfriend.

the whole time I was playing GTA or RE5 or MGS4, she's telling how how bad those games are (because of the killing) and how I'm going to go outside and shoot people in the head because I won't be able to tell the difference between reality and games.

*sighs*... pretty stereotypical in my book

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Around the Network
kingofwale said:
Kasz216 said:

the whole time I was playing GTA or RE5 or MGS4, she's telling how how bad those games are (because of the killing) and how I'm going to go outside and shoot people in the head because I won't be able to tell the difference between reality and games.

Fair enough... my girlfriend plays everything from third person shooters to hack and slash to turn based strategy.  Same for the other girls I know.

Trauma Center games might work well.

does Trauma Centre have 2 player co-op?

I have a question here. I saw a copy of Wii sport Resort at local store, doesn't come with motion + but it's selling at only 20 dollars

is it worth picking it up??? Can i play this game (well) without motion +???

selnor
Episode 2:
kingofwale said:
Kasz216 said:

So basically all violent games are out. 

Well still find what other games would appeal to her.  Adventure games like Monkey Island, Sam and Max, and Sam and Wiki.  Maybe racing games since she likes Mario Kart.  Excitebot and Excite Truck.  Then there is the obvious sim game, Animal Crossing.  Don't forget Wii Sports Resort.

I'm just saying...

RPGJock said:
kingofwale said:
Kasz216 said:

So basically all violent games are out. 

Well still find what other games would appeal to her.  Adventure games like Monkey Island, Sam and Max, and Sam and Wiki.  Maybe racing games since she likes Mario Kart.  Excitebot and Excite Truck.  Then there is the obvious sim game, Animal Crossing.  Don't forget Wii Sports Resort.

Oh, don't get me wrong, i ddn't get the Wii so she can play... I got the wii so she can play WITH ME. lol, I am not playing Sim games... and isn't Excite Truck single player only?

I think I'm going to pick up the first Rayman Rabbid

selnor
Episode 2:
kingofwale said:
does Trauma Centre have 2 player co-op?

I have a question here. I saw a copy of Wii sport Resort at local store, doesn't come with motion + but it's selling at only 20 dollars

is it worth picking it up??? Can i play this game (well) without motion +???

The second one does for sure... New Blood.  I honestly can't if the first does or not.

I'm not a big fan of the series myself.  Just got it for my girlfriend.