By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Minor Complaint/Suggestion Thread (Updates continuously listed in Original Post)

For making post there should be a default highlight of the background for post. If I highlight something but want to change some parts of that highlight back to the original background I can never find the right color for to match the background.

Hope that makes sense.

Around the Network

Could you move the banned tag down a little so it's below the avatar? It looks a bit odd, pushing the avatar to the side.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Hey Talonman I posted this on your wall and you ignored it so here it goes:
I had a friend, that freind unfriended me, we wanna be freinds again, but it says we are already friends, and it's fake, this should be fixed

Not to be a bother, but could we get a preview button for when we are writing posts in "Rich Text Reply". That will show us what it will look like when you post it

dsister44 said:
Not to be a bother, but could we get a preview button for when we are writing posts in "Rich Text Reply". That will show us what it will look like when you post it

thats wut the edit buton is 4 lololol

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Couple of minor quibbles from a "brand new to the site" guy:

- All forum posts have today's date and time on them, instead of the time they were posted. Makes it hard to find old/dead threads.
- Adding games to "My Games" is unnecessarily complicated. Have to click on the game's page and then scroll down to the innocuous "Community Stats" on the sidebar to add? Seems overly difficult; maybe just add a "Own/Track/Wish/Playing" button to wherever the game's title appears? Figured I'd be able to add games from the My Games button under Quick Links by my profile pic... nope!
- I like that the forums and main page keep the same username, but why not the store too?
- Dates are in dd/mm/yy format even in the U.S. Feels... weird. But they're not always. Confused!
- The Zoom on the boxart image in the upper left corner makes the boxes look just awful. A link to a hi-res image would be better.
- Can we get a "N/A" for sales numbers on Indie Games instead of "0.0 m"? Gotta be disheartening for the devs to see that they haven't sold a single copy when Microsoft is actually just not releasing sales numbers.

That's all for now. Diggin' the site and looking forward to pumpin' out some articles in the near future!

nsimberg said:
- All forum posts have today's date and time on them, instead of the time they were posted. Makes it hard to find old/dead threads.

Looking at the top of this page (@ 50 per), I see Gilgamesh's post at Jan 12, 2010 14:55 GMT.  
Clicking the "View Post" button, I see that Gilgamesh's post reads ... Jan 12, 2010 14:55 GMT.  
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3042051&page=9&postnum=1
So I'm not sure what you're saying here about all posts having the current time on them.   

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:
nsimberg said:

Looking at the top of this page (@ 50 per), I see Gilgamesh's post at Jan 12, 2010 14:55 GMT.  
Clicking the "View Post" button, I see that Gilgamesh's post reads ... Jan 12, 2010 14:55 GMT.  
So I'm not sure what you're saying here about all posts having the current time on them.   

When I clicked on your link to Gilgamesh's post, the time was right.  But when I go through the Forum tab on the top of the VGC homepage, then click on any thread, all the times are the same.

Even right now, as I reply, and all the posts below this reply box are "oldest first" below this, the times are different and correct.  But whenever I click on Forum, I'm back with the same problems.  Check the times on this screenshot I just took: http://img194.yfrog.com/i/vgchartzforumtime.jpg/  Maybe it's just me?

nsimberg said:
Final-Fan said:
nsimberg said:

When I clicked on your link to Gilgamesh's post, the time was right.  But when I go through the Forum tab on the top of the VGC homepage, then click on any thread, all the times are the same.

Even right now, as I reply, and all the posts below this reply box are "oldest first" below this, the times are different and correct.  But whenever I click on Forum, I'm back with the same problems.  Check the times on this screenshot I just took: http://img194.yfrog.com/i/vgchartzforumtime.jpg/  Maybe it's just me?

I can see the problem in your screenshot, but when I clicked on "Forum" and then some random link in the Latest Post area to go to a thread, I didn't have that problem.  

Don't know what might be causing it, but you could try clearing your cache.  Sometimes funny things happen in the cache or cookies.   

Also what browser are you using?