By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you score each Halo game in the 1 out of 10 scale?

valvefan48 said:
In b4 "gaylo sux" comment.

wrong site, thats Neogaf

Around the Network
valvefan48 said:
lestatdark said:
Humm, I will score the ones i've played so far

Halo CE: 9/10, The best story in a halo game, and overall one of the best Sci-Fi stories in a game
Halo 2: 10/10, The best MP in a halo game and the story is almost on par with Halo CE
Halo 3: 8/10, It was average in Halo standarts.

Haven't played Halo Wars and Halo 3 ODST yet.

Halo 2 had the worst multiplayer in the series {Not counting Halo Wars}, weapons were either underpowered or overpowered and the hit boxes were so big that it made it easy for n00bs to score headshot kills. Halo 3 fixed all the issues with better weapon balance {Although there are minor imbalances} and over larged hit boxes were taken out.

However, I say Halo 2 had the best storyline... until the ending. Halo 3's story was worse but the ending was good, how that works is beyond me.

Well, to me it was a different experience than that ;) I loved the fact that most weapons were underpowered, that the Assault Rifle was taken out, which to me was the most abused weapon in the game, and that the pistol was also taken out. Sniper kills with the handgun were too damn silly IMO :P
I didn't enjoy the MP of halo 3 as much as I did on Halo 2, because it was pratically much the same thing, with the addition of the Assault Rifles once again.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
valvefan48 said:
lestatdark said:

Halo CE: 9/10, The best story in a halo game, and overall one of the best Sci-Fi stories in a game
Halo 2: 10/10, The best MP in a halo game and the story is almost on par with Halo CE

Halo 2 had the worst multiplayer in the series {Not counting Halo Wars}, weapons were either underpowered or overpowered and the hit boxes were so big that it made it easy for n00bs to score headshot kills. Halo 3 fixed all the issues with better weapon balance {Although there are minor imbalances} and over larged hit boxes were taken out.

However, I say Halo 2 had the best storyline... until the ending. Halo 3's story was worse but the ending was good, how that works is beyond me.

Well, to me it was a different experience than that ;) I loved the fact that most weapons were underpowered, that the Assault Rifle was taken out, which to me was the most abused weapon in the game, and that the pistol was also taken out. Sniper kills with the handgun were too damn silly IMO :P
I didn't enjoy the MP of halo 3 as much as I did on Halo 2, because it was pratically much the same thing, with the addition of the Assault Rifles once again.

The Assualt Rifle in Halo CE was the most well rounded weapon in Halo CE, but yeah the pistol was horribly overpowered. Halo 2's weapons were cheap, the Assualt Rifle is the pistol from Halo CE in disguise, the energy sword has a longer range than the shotgun, the plasma pistol's charged energy shot homes, the lock on for the rocket launcher made vehicles a death trap, the brute shot is a grenade launcher that ricochets and the n00b combo {Plasma pistol + pistol or assault rifle} was cheap.

Halo 3 multiplayer was different because it added new maps, equiptment which added a lot to the strategy, balanced the weapons, new game modes, new abilities, new weapons, and features like theatre and forge add a lot of depth to the game. The multiplayer is far more improved than Halo 2.

I don't own any Halos except for CE but I have borrowed them probably a couple times each so my ratings are as follows:

Halo CE : 8.5/10(Awesome Storyline)
Halo 2: 7.5/10 ( Awesome MP but not as good of Storyline)
Halo 3: 6.5/10 ( For Me It was a pure disaster...The WORST STORYLINE EVER)

Halo Wars: 8/10(Loved it compared to Halo 3)
Halo ODST: 8.5/10 ( Loved It, Was glad it was huge improvement over Halo 3)

Bottom Line: HALO 3 SUCKS BUT HALO ODST AND HALO CE proved Halo was good as a whole...

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

^^ Halo 3 had the worst storyline and a really bad ending...

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Around the Network
Wii_Master said:
I don't own any Halos except for CE but I have borrowed them probably a couple times each so my ratings are as follows:

Halo CE : 8.5/10(Awesome Storyline)
Halo 2: 7.5/10 ( Awesome MP but not as good of Storyline)
Halo 3: 6.5/10 ( For Me It was a pure disaster...The WORST STORYLINE EVER)

Halo Wars: 8/10(Loved it compared to Halo 3)
Halo ODST: 8.5/10 ( Loved It, Was glad it was huge improvement over Halo 3)

Bottom Line: HALO 3 SUCKS BUT HALO ODST AND HALO CE proved Halo was good as a whole...

You gaved it a a 6.5 out of 10 but you still think Halo 3 sucks? And I thought editors for GameInformer were bad.

Halo 1: 8.5
Halo 2: 8.0
..never played the rest

valvefan48 said:
lestatdark said:
valvefan48 said:
lestatdark said:

The Assualt Rifle in Halo CE was the most well rounded weapon in Halo CE, but yeah the pistol was horribly overpowered. Halo 2's weapons were cheap, the Assualt Rifle is the pistol from Halo CE in disguise, the energy sword has a longer range than the shotgun, the plasma pistol's charged energy shot homes, the lock on for the rocket launcher made vehicles a death trap, the brute shot is a grenade launcher that ricochets and the n00b combo {Plasma pistol + pistol or assault rifle} was cheap.

Halo 3 multiplayer was different because it added new maps, equiptment which added a lot to the strategy, balanced the weapons, new game modes, new abilities, new weapons, and features like theatre and forge add a lot of depth to the game. The multiplayer is far more improved than Halo 2.

The assault rifle in Halo 2? You mean the SMG right?. I didn't like the Energy Sword in 2 and don't like it in 3 too, overpowered weapons are not my thing. Well, Halo 3 has it's imbalances as well, in the form of the Spartan Laser, the Spartan sniper gun being way more overpowered than in past halo's and the needler is semi-homing instead of the non-homing version of Halo 2 ;)

It comes down to personal preferences I guess.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I'll only comment on the ones I played. And my scores are based on my opinion regarding Halo as a console shooter. If I compared it to PC shooters the score would be lower.

Halo:CE 9/10 It did a good job bringing a PC shooter to a console (Halo was supposed to be for Mac and PC only) Having one stick to control movement and one stick to control your view brought it as close to having a keyboard and mouse as possible. And it was a blast to play co-op and splitscreen with friends. I would have given it a 10/10, but let's face it...it had pretty crappy level design in single-player

Halo 2 7/10 In my opinion it didn't really bring much new to the table. The story sucked, the weapons were unbalanced...it felt like some new maps for Halo 1. I know this is a little harsh, but when I compare it to other games I've enjoyed and their vastly improved sequels (i.e. Half-Life to Half-Life 2 or Uncharted to Uncharted 2) it feels like they didn't spend anytime improving the mechanics of the game.

Combat Evolved - 9.8/10

Halo 2 - 9.5/10

Halo 3 - 9/10

Wars - 5.5/10

ODST - Haven't played