By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you score each Halo game in the 1 out of 10 scale?

Mendicate Bias said:
Pyramid Head said:
the library does not equal l4d

the library was so sterile and you could see the flood lumbering from so far, plus the irritating arbiter

just a dragged on sequence of identical to extend the game

l4d had more interesting settings

ummm what? Have you played the game? You don't even team up with the arbiter until Halo 3. And no you could not see the flood lumbering from far away, they dropped around you and poured out of every single nook and cranny, you had to constantly watch your back to keep from getting blasted to hell. I guess you could say the environment in the library was bland but to me it felt mysterious and besides gameplay>environment

I think he means Guiltyspark.

Again, I know we're arguing opinion, but my biggest issue with both Halo's I played, and in particular Halo 1, is that they had large sections of the game that either A.) all looked the same (library) or B.) they made you traverse through twice (two betrayals)  So the game has a lot of "padding" to fill out it's length. 

I agree that for the most part gameplay>environment, but the library was famous for "walk through here, get attacked from monster closets, now stop and wait for guiltyspark while you fight a ton of flood"  Wash, rinse repeat.  I have the same complaint about the original Uncharted, another wave of f'ing pirates??  Again the original Halo is an well-done console shooter, it just doesn't deserve to be up in the all-time pantheon of great FPS shooters.

Around the Network

Only played Combat Evolved, and I'd give that a 9/10.

Halo: Combat Evolved 9
Halo 2 8.8

I haven't played any of the 360 Halos. (I did play the demo for Halo Wars though, and with more units, it could have been an 8.5 to 9. I like story driven rts games more than fps games).