By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you score each Halo game in the 1 out of 10 scale?

Mendicate Bias said:
Twizzler said:
valvefan48 said:

Matchmaking is not for n00bs, it's a very well made system that matches up players with equal ranks and allows them to naturlly and skillfully to build them up in higher ranks. Perks in Call of Duty 4 don't use much strategy, it just makes the player stronger than they really are and don't offer much use.

And as a matter a fact I do like Call of Duty 4 {Mostly for its single-player and story} and I'm really damn good at the game... almost a bit too good because it's easy to get kills in the game.

However, your right about joining and leaving a mode in a game. It still doesn't undermine the well made game systems and design of the multiplayer.

The problem with matchmaking is that even crappy players can get to level 55 with patience.  Matchmaking should only be used for localization in my opinion.  i.e. I only play with other east coast players (except for friends of course)

Thats completely wrong for Halo 3. I guarantee you that every single legit 50 is skilled at the game and the majority of players could never get a 50 even if they played 3 years straight, especially in some playlists like MLG.

OT:

Halo:CE- 9.8   No online and frame-rate issues keep it from being a perfect game. Single player was perfect.

Halo 2- 9.4  Great game but Bungie simplified some key aspects of gameplay too much resulting in a decreased skill gap. Also plagued by cheaters. Legendary difficulty was more frustrating than challenging taking away from the fun.

Halo 3- 9.6  On the verge of being perfect but some issues like the sub-par melee system and bullet refunding on xbl can cause some frustrations. The story was brilliant but you had to be very invested in the previous games to even see it. The terminals truly help flesh out the Halo universe and give the gamer a sense of how grande the war humanity is involved with really is.

Halo Wars- 8.8  The first well done and more importantly fun RTS on a console. Only thing keeping it from scoring higher is the lack of a covenant campaign and maybe a flood option in multiplayer although that debatable.

Halo 3:ODST- 9.0  Despite what some critics say this game had great value offering a great single player campaign, fire-fight mode which is sure to eat up much more of my time, a set of challenging and fun achievements that when unlocked gives the player the most coveted armor in Halo 3 known as Recon, Halo 3 multiplayer with every single map ever released as well as 3 completely new ones and finally exclusive access to the Halo:Reach beta. The only thing that made this game score less was because the campaign could have been a little longer and also I personally thought they should have taken a darker path with the story but that more opinion than flaw.  

Halo Combat Evolved wasn't perfect, it suffered from a horrible level called Libary.

Around the Network
valvefan48 said:
elticker said:
halo 1 10/10
halo 3 9.7/10
halo wars 9.8/10
halo 3 odst 6/10
low score for odst cause no matchmaking in firefight and for me they didnt deliver $60 worth.
i havent played halo 2.

Halo 2 is the weakest of the trilogy, trust me.

Halo 3 was quite easily the worst for me. Boring and average.

valvefan48 said:
tuoyo said:
Only ever played Halo 1. I score it 0.25/10. The most boring experience of my life.

You sir, are an evil person or someone who hasn't played many games.

i think its funny that you ask people what they would rate halo, then get mad if they rate it different then you think it should be

why bother asking?

why not just say 'lets have a halo love festival'

because believe it or not, there are some experienced gamers who hate it

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Halo 1: 9.2/10
Halo 2: 9/10
Halo 3: 8.2/10
ODST: 7/10 (From what I've played)

Pyramid Head said:
valvefan48 said:
tuoyo said:
Only ever played Halo 1. I score it 0.25/10. The most boring experience of my life.

You sir, are an evil person or someone who hasn't played many games.

i think its funny that you ask people what they would rate halo, then get mad if they rate it different then you think it should be

why bother asking?

why not just say 'lets have a halo love festival'

because believe it or not, there are some experienced gamers who hate it

They can dislike Halo for all a care, but calling it the worst game is just wrong.

Cue E.T. and Superman 64

Around the Network

Hey it all comes down to personal preference.

Some people may have liked Superman 64 and E.T. Hell, one of my favourite games of all time is rated in the high 60's, low 70's in most places. That doesn't mean anything if you like a game or if you dislike it. To me, one of the worst games i've ever played was Farcry 2 and it was highly reviewed too.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Halo CE= 9.8/10

Halo 2= 9.4/10

Halo 3= 9.5/10

Halo Wars= 8/10

Halo 3 ODST= 8.5/10

lestatdark said:
Hey it all comes down to personal preference.

Some people may have liked Superman 64 and E.T. Hell, one of my favourite games of all time is rated in the high 60's, low 70's in most places. That doesn't mean anything if you like a game or if you dislike it. To me, one of the worst games i've ever played was Farcry 2 and it was highly reviewed too.

Actually Far Cry 2 wasn't rated highly, only moderately. It only got 7-8-9 scores, it has a overall rating of 85 on metacritic and gamerankings.

85 is considered by industry standarts to be a great rated game. But taking that off the discussion, I don't really care for game ratings, a game can be good or bad for it's whole and for how you percieve it to be. That's why everyone will have different opinions about a game, and you can't say that X, Y or Z person opinion is wrong, because it's their right to have one ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
85 is considered by industry standarts to be a great rated game. But taking that off the discussion, I don't really care for game ratings, a game can be good or bad for it's whole and for how you percieve it to be. That's why everyone will have different opinions about a game, and you can't say that X, Y or Z person opinion is wrong, because it's their right to have one ;)

Actually a 85 means it's very good but not great or superb. There's nothing wrong with arguing against opinions as long as you do it objectively and respectfully {Meaning no insults, so yes saying it sucks counts as an insult.}

However, some things are totally subjective and cannot be argued over.