By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony should sit the next generation out!

The way i see it is this. Multi-platform compatability is the future. Games like MW2 that are playable on multiple systems are where it is going. So i imagine nintendo will want in on this too. As despite wii's strong console sales and a handful of 1st party titles, the wii's 3rd party titles arnt generally faring to well at all. I think all 3 consoles are going to be about as powerful as each other allowing for games to be released on all systems with similar graphics and gameplay. Wether this is through them talking to each other and coming to an agreement about what kind of power figures they will aim for or not i really don't know.

But i see all next gen systems being similar in power. The winner will be due to price, superior online service, and exclusives. I think trying to predict how much power any of these systems will have or when they will release is too hard at this stage of the game.

Around the Network

LOL I didn't even know sony HAD 78 BILLION.

mM
leo-j said:

They don't have to actually have 78 billion sitting in a bank somewhere, that's not how business's operate.  Business's operate on credit and debt.  They get credit from banks, supplier's, etc.  And accrue debt that they can pay off over a period of time. It's not uncommon for large company's to have debt not paid for 6 months.  As long as they are making more money then they are accruing in debt applied over a financial year then they are all good.  But if a company starts having higher debts then they are making then that is when they start slashing personnel and re organising the company.

You pretty much summed up my thoughts. The ps3 IS a disaster compared to the ps1 and 2.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

what the...

Around the Network

Funny thread. Unfortunately for you Sony are going nowhere. An important point, can the PS3 reach a 100million units from here?.

eggs2see said:
leo-j said:

They don't have to actually have 78 billion sitting in a bank somewhere, that's not how business's operate.  Business's operate on credit and debt.  They get credit from banks, supplier's, etc.  And accrue debt that they can pay off over a period of time. It's not uncommon for large company's to have debt not paid for 6 months.  As long as they are making more money then they are accruing in debt applied over a financial year then they are all good.  But if a company starts having higher debts then they are making then that is when they start slashing personnel and re organising the company.

If Sony had lost 78billion they would be bankrupt. Whats hurt them these last 18  months is the recession and fearful currency exchanges. On the losses they took if repeated every year they would still be here in thirty years. Sorry to say for you.

Vetteman94 said:
zarx said:
sony as a hole lost 74 billion US this year

No , they didnt.     Sony's total operating revenue was $78B, they lost $2.3B  as a whole,  and after adjustments from resturcturing that number dropped to $1.3B.

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/fr/08q4_sony.pdf

Way to go man, so much haters in this thread.

yay for wikipedia allowed me to totally derail this already dead thread

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Oh man, you made up a lot of crap in this thread.

One foolish assumption that completely breaks your plan is that MS and Nintendo will both be launching new consoles in 2 years.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.