By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tales of Vesperia (NA version) is coming soon.....

Kamal, what do you say about that?

Around the Network

i cant wait.

i write to bandai namco. i will a ps3 version, the special extras are soooo awesome

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

Soriku said:

So a little update I found on GAF.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357653&page=41

So RPGsite has been doing a series of interviews lately in honor of Vesperia's European release. So far they've done interviews with Yuri, Estelle, Flynn and Cumore's voice actors:

Quote:
RPGSite: In Japan they are porting Tales of Vesperia to the Playstation 3 and they are expanding practically every aspect of the game, even going so far as to add a whole new main character in the form of Patty Fleur to the party. While there has been no Western release announced as yet, I was wondering if you had heard anything or have been called back to do additional lines?
Troy: No, we came back and did a couple of things several months ago but I don’t know if that was ported over for anything else. But they’re adding characters, is that what you said?

RPGSite: Yeah, a pirate named Patty Fleur. I have no idea what her role is but she may have been on the cards from the very beginning, because when you visit one of the port towns in the Xbox 360 version you find a pirates hat on which can be read ‘It has a girl’s name: Pa…’ which I can only assume is a reference to this new character.
Troy: How crazy.

http://ps3.rpgsite.net/articles/157/...ew-part-2.html

Quote:
RPGSite: What are your thoughts on the character and her development throughout the game?
Danielle: It's been so long since I've recorded this, I've got to be honest with you, I don't even remember what happens to the character! I'm guessing you won't want to put that in the interview!

http://xbox360.rpgsite.net/articles/...interview.html

Intriquingly, these two quotes contain some interesting information. First off, Troy Baker (Yuri) apparently came in to voice something a couple of months ago, just like a previous rumor said he did. However, it was apparently something other than Vesperia PS3 (and I find it doubtful that Baker could do any voice work for Vesperia PS3 without knowning the existence of Patty Fleur). Hence all those "I talked to Troy Baker and he confirmed Vesperia PS3!!!" rumors that have been going around are likely false. Additionally, in another recent Q&A Baker talked about the Vesperia movie and revealed that he hopes to do it but hasn't done anything on it yet. So its not the Vesperia movie either. Now Danielle (Estelle) has apparently not done any voicework for her character for a long time, so the project in question probably doesn't involve Estelle.

So a project that involved additional voicework for Yuri, but not Estelle nor does it involve Yuri interacting with Patty. I can only think of one project that fits that description, however unlikely it seems, Tales of VS..... which would be weird-as-fuck. However when you consider the other evidence we have -- VS's english announcement trailer and the english trademark -- you begin to have mounting evidence that cannot be denied so easily.

So, perhaps Namco is really going to release Tales of VS?

Then there's some pic.

Damn Scamco.

Curses, I wanted to post this.

If the Vesperia Wii rumor turns out to be true, I think it would increase the chances of the PS3 version's localization. Calling in the voice actors to record the voices to be used in two games is more econimical then calling in the voice actors to record voices for one game.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

RPG_Fanatic said:
Soriku said:

So RPGsite has been doing a series of interviews lately in honor of Vesperia's European release. So far they've done interviews with Yuri, Estelle, Flynn and Cumore's voice actors:

Quote:
RPGSite: In Japan they are porting Tales of Vesperia to the Playstation 3 and they are expanding practically every aspect of the game, even going so far as to add a whole new main character in the form of Patty Fleur to the party. While there has been no Western release announced as yet, I was wondering if you had heard anything or have been called back to do additional lines?
Troy: No, we came back and did a couple of things several months ago but I don’t know if that was ported over for anything else. But they’re adding characters, is that what you said?

RPGSite: Yeah, a pirate named Patty Fleur. I have no idea what her role is but she may have been on the cards from the very beginning, because when you visit one of the port towns in the Xbox 360 version you find a pirates hat on which can be read ‘It has a girl’s name: Pa…’ which I can only assume is a reference to this new character.

Quote:
RPGSite: What are your thoughts on the character and her development throughout the game?
Danielle: It's been so long since I've recorded this, I've got to be honest with you, I don't even remember what happens to the character! I'm guessing you won't want to put that in the interview!

Intriquingly, these two quotes contain some interesting information. First off, Troy Baker (Yuri) apparently came in to voice something a couple of months ago, just like a previous rumor said he did. However, it was apparently something other than Vesperia PS3 (and I find it doubtful that Baker could do any voice work for Vesperia PS3 without knowning the existence of Patty Fleur). Hence all those "I talked to Troy Baker and he confirmed Vesperia PS3!!!" rumors that have been going around are likely false. Additionally, in another recent Q&A Baker talked about the Vesperia movie and revealed that he hopes to do it but hasn't done anything on it yet. So its not the Vesperia movie either. Now Danielle (Estelle) has apparently not done any voicework for her character for a long time, so the project in question probably doesn't involve Estelle.

So a project that involved additional voicework for Yuri, but not Estelle nor does it involve Yuri interacting with Patty. I can only think of one project that fits that description, however unlikely it seems, Tales of VS..... which would be weird-as-fuck. However when you consider the other evidence we have -- VS's english announcement trailer and the english trademark -- you begin to have mounting evidence that cannot be denied so easily.

Then there's some pic.

Damn Scamco.

If the Vesperia Wii rumor turns out to be true, I think it would increase the chances of the PS3 version's localization. Calling in the voice actors to record the voices to be used in two games is more econimical then calling in the voice actors to record voices for one game.

See, i was thinking the opposite. Since the game is already done in Japan, they could port it to the Wii and make more money on that fanbase, and wouldn't have to spend any further money localizing either version for NA or Europe. Just another way for Namco to earn money without localizing it..

Blood_Tears said:
RPG_Fanatic said:
Soriku said:

Quote:

Quote:

Then there's some pic.

Damn Scamco.

See, i was thinking the opposite. Since the game is already done in Japan, they could port it to the Wii and make more money on that fanbase, and wouldn't have to spend any further money localizing either version for NA or Europe. Just another way for Namco to earn money without localizing it..

I love Joe, I have him as a friend on facebook, and my sister got him to come on Skype. He's hilarious. Also he plays on the 360 from time to time.

Anyway, I can't believe the Wii port to be true. Think going from the PS3 to the 360 is hard for developers? PS3 or 360 to the Wii is even harder. And considering the fanbase pretty much bought their share of the PS3 version, a Wii version (which it is rare for a third party game to do well on anyway) would be not worth it. They don't have an overwhelming majority of people with a Wii and not a PS3 in Japan. And fans prove that they would go out and buy the system to play the game, as proof with the 360 version.

And if they do port it, and it has the extras and even a tiny bit more, expect a Japan uprising. They were pissed enough that they got tricked into buying the 360 version. What makes you think they will take having yet another version dangled in front of their face?

Around the Network

What sales? Whoever bought the PS3 version won't buy the Wii version. If the PS3 version bombed, I could understand. But 320,000 or so isn't too bad of sales, and that number would be a quarter of that if they just ported it to the Wii, which wouldn't be an easy task considering the considerable difference of the Wii coding and such.

In Japan? There can't be too many. This is a country that despises the 360 with a burning passion, yet 360 units were flying off the shelves when they came packaged with the game. How many people do you think were banking on a port of a port?

Now that Japan sold quite well on the PS3 version, how well do you think they will react to the Wii, which has terrible third party sales? I just can't see it being profitable. Even if they do it, can't see it ending up over here, especially with Graces there to begin with.

They might go Symphonia and do a sequel, but it seems too soon. They've been working on Graces for how long now?

Team Symphonia and Destiny has been fused together for a while now.

And want to give me proof of the contrary on the Wii's third party sales? I'd love to see them. Not even being sarcastic, I really want to see if I missed something.

Soriku just get a PS3 seriously, since I think it suits your own taste in gaming.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Funny you should bring up Monster Hunter, considering the PSP versions sold it at triple the amount.

All of what you named were incredibly popular games in Japan, however none of them are ports. And for the install bases that they have, they really didn't sell up to expectations. At all. There's not just some huge fanbase in Japan sitting on their hands hoping for this port to happen. They are not like the American fanbase, where all we really have is hope. They just go out and buy it.