By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Am I the only one disappointed in Uncharted 2's 800k?

Don't get me wrong, 800k+ is a damn good tally but I think this game deserved a lot more than that. I think this is my personal game of the year and will be so for many others but I think it deserved a million at least in the 1st week.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

Will still be GotY (quality > sales) and I think that 800k with Christmas around the corner is an amazing feat.

Well the first one sold about 130k first week, this sold over 6 times more the first week..
You gotta be impressed by that.

Uncharted 3 will definitely reach 1mill first week though.

Yes I am impressed by that but still. I usally don't care about the sales charts (yes I am aware what site I'm on) but this one annoyed me a bit.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

No way in hell does this game get Game of the Year over MW2...

On topic: I think it is pretty sad that most of the PS3 fanboys seemed happy with 800k for the biggest exclusive PS3 game of the year when the Xbox 360 big exclusives all sell 1.5m-4m. Hell, ODST almost tripled it in first week sales and it got a lot of bad hype for being $60 for being an expansion, while Uncharted 2 got nothing but the biggest good hype we have seen this year...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

Around the Network
madkiller said:

On topic: I think it is pretty sad that most of the PS3 fanboys seemed happy with 800k for the biggest exclusive PS3 game of the year when the Xbox 360 big exclusives all sell 1.5m-4m. Hell, ODST almost tripled it in first week sales and it got a lot of bad hype for being $60 for being an expansion, while Uncharted 2 got nothing but the biggest good hype we have seen this year...

wow, someone who doesnt even have a PS3 telling us a game he hasnt played is going to be outdone by a game that isnt even out yet on the interwebs......interesting.

madkiller said:

Pardon me?

Wait wait a minute, why are we bringing a fucking HALO game into an Uncharted 2 thread? WHY?

Please god tell me what relation they have, have you FORGOTTEN how big the Halo franchise is? I see you're a microsoft fan, I would have thought you've known better.

This game will get game of the year, HANDS down. MW2 will NOT get higher scores than Uncharted 2. Who gives a flying fuck on how much it sold? Really, do SALES make the quality of the game?

Jesus christ, I can't believe you even brought Halo in the conversation with Uncharted 2.. My god, alot of the community on this site has officially gone to shit when I see what you just typed.

You are such a troll dude, that was beyond troll, that was more of trying too hard.

Sicken me.

i agree, its a shame that such a good game didn't break a million on first week. Hope the game is bundled during christmas time.

Ajescent said:

Don't get me wrong, 800k+ is a damn good tally but I think this game deserved a lot more than that. I think this is my personal game of the year and will be so for many others but I think it deserved a million at least in the 1st week.

I agree, it deserves a lot more. But in the perspective of the first game it did sell 6 times more, no logical person can be disappointed when talking about sales progression from UC to UC2.

However, if you meant your disappointed because more people arent enjoying it, i can sign on for that.

madkiller said:

To answer your question, the reason why most Sony fans are satisfied with 800k first week sales is because the first game ended up selling over 2.5 million after having a very low first week. Uncharted 2 is expected to sell consistently well especially as we are now headed for the holiday season.

Another obvious reason in sales disparity is that western games tend not to sell very well in Japan where the roles of the PS3 and 360 are reversed but I'm sure you already knew that.