By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Am I the only one disappointed in Uncharted 2's 800k?

A_C_E said:
madkiller said:
Smashed said:
madkiller said:
No way in hell does this game get Game of the Year over MW2...

On topic: I think it is pretty sad that most of the PS3 fanboys seemed happy with 800k for the biggest exclusive PS3 game of the year when the Xbox 360 big exclusives all sell 1.5m-4m. Hell, ODST almost tripled it in first week sales and it got a lot of bad hype for being $60 for being an expansion, while Uncharted 2 got nothing but the biggest good hype we have seen this year...

Pardon me?

Wait wait a minute, why are we bringing a fucking HALO game into an Uncharted 2 thread? WHY?

Please god tell me what relation they have, have you FORGOTTEN how big the Halo franchise is? I see you're a microsoft fan, I would have thought you've known better.

This game will get game of the year, HANDS down. MW2 will NOT get higher scores than Uncharted 2. Who gives a flying fuck on how much it sold? Really, do SALES make the quality of the game?

Jesus christ, I can't believe you even brought Halo in the conversation with Uncharted 2.. My god, This site has officially gone to shit.

You are such a troll dude, that was beyond troll, that was more of trying too hard.

Sicken me.

Excuse me, but high review scores do not equal game of the year either pal. The fact is that Uncharted 2 is a great game, but just cannot compete against the really huge games that are all going to outsell it this year. AC2, MW2, L4D2, etc etc etc are all going to be huge compared to Uncharted 2. Plus, having played Uncharted 1 I think that the franchise is severely overrated. The graphics for instance are not that great in many situations. I happen to think the water in both look terribly fake and look more like plastic than water. I brought Halo into it as a specific example of sales, I am not comparing the games whatsoever. I am strictly stating the fact that the Xbox 360 exclusive games blow the PS3 exclusive games away in sales numbers and yet the PS3 fanboys seem happy about the sales still. If I was a PS3 fanboy I would be pissed that the biggest PS3 exclusive of the year sold a measly 800k first week...

First of all, your excused, second of all, your a ***boy. High review scores are in perfect line with the general population's views so when you take that into consideration you have to realize that the people who award the GOTY contenders the title of being GOTY are most likley going to go with the game that has the higher ratings. Your saying that Uncharted 2 won't get any GOTY awards because of games that don't even have a single review in yet, but I don't know why you think that when the whole gaming community is going absolutely nuts over Uncharted 2. I agree though that AC2/MW2 will outsell it but I don't see both them getting the ratings and love that Uncharted has earned. Uncharted will sell more than L4D2 though I can tell you that right now.

The reason why people would be happy about these sales is because it did 6 times better than the first Uncharted and the first one had some of the best legs seen on the PS3 and I expect to see the same effect with Unhcarted 2. People love this game for what it is, just look at the sales hike it gave the PS3. This game is considered by the average reviewer and general population as the best game out this generation so far and you think that 3 other games are gonna just brush that away because they are hyped? That's not how it works but it could happen I guess. Last I had checked though 800k wasn't measly, just look at L4D's and Orange Box's first week sales, quality>sales bud.

LMAO, are you freaking kidding me? Best game of the generation???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And it will not outsell L4D2 sorry to tell you. It will be lucky to get 2.5m when it is competing with so many bigger games in the next month and then more in the first 3 months of next year. There are just too many games that are way bigger than Uncharted coming out for it to do anything other than decent sales for the holidays...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

Around the Network
madkiller said:
A_C_E said:
madkiller said:
Smashed said:
madkiller said:

On topic: I think it is pretty sad that most of the PS3 fanboys seemed happy with 800k for the biggest exclusive PS3 game of the year when the Xbox 360 big exclusives all sell 1.5m-4m. Hell, ODST almost tripled it in first week sales and it got a lot of bad hype for being $60 for being an expansion, while Uncharted 2 got nothing but the biggest good hype we have seen this year...

Pardon me?

Wait wait a minute, why are we bringing a fucking HALO game into an Uncharted 2 thread? WHY?

Please god tell me what relation they have, have you FORGOTTEN how big the Halo franchise is? I see you're a microsoft fan, I would have thought you've known better.

This game will get game of the year, HANDS down. MW2 will NOT get higher scores than Uncharted 2. Who gives a flying fuck on how much it sold? Really, do SALES make the quality of the game?

Jesus christ, I can't believe you even brought Halo in the conversation with Uncharted 2.. My god, This site has officially gone to shit.

You are such a troll dude, that was beyond troll, that was more of trying too hard.

Sicken me.

Excuse me, but high review scores do not equal game of the year either pal. The fact is that Uncharted 2 is a great game, but just cannot compete against the really huge games that are all going to outsell it this year. AC2, MW2, L4D2, etc etc etc are all going to be huge compared to Uncharted 2. Plus, having played Uncharted 1 I think that the franchise is severely overrated. The graphics for instance are not that great in many situations. I happen to think the water in both look terribly fake and look more like plastic than water. I brought Halo into it as a specific example of sales, I am not comparing the games whatsoever. I am strictly stating the fact that the Xbox 360 exclusive games blow the PS3 exclusive games away in sales numbers and yet the PS3 fanboys seem happy about the sales still. If I was a PS3 fanboy I would be pissed that the biggest PS3 exclusive of the year sold a measly 800k first week...

First of all, your excused, second of all, your a ***boy. High review scores are in perfect line with the general population's views so when you take that into consideration you have to realize that the people who award the GOTY contenders the title of being GOTY are most likley going to go with the game that has the higher ratings. Your saying that Uncharted 2 won't get any GOTY awards because of games that don't even have a single review in yet, but I don't know why you think that when the whole gaming community is going absolutely nuts over Uncharted 2. I agree though that AC2/MW2 will outsell it but I don't see both them getting the ratings and love that Uncharted has earned. Uncharted will sell more than L4D2 though I can tell you that right now.

The reason why people would be happy about these sales is because it did 6 times better than the first Uncharted and the first one had some of the best legs seen on the PS3 and I expect to see the same effect with Unhcarted 2. People love this game for what it is, just look at the sales hike it gave the PS3. This game is considered by the average reviewer and general population as the best game out this generation so far and you think that 3 other games are gonna just brush that away because they are hyped? That's not how it works but it could happen I guess. Last I had checked though 800k wasn't measly, just look at L4D's and Orange Box's first week sales, quality>sales bud.

LMAO, are you freaking kidding me? Best game of the generation???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And it will not outsell L4D2 sorry to tell you. It will be lucky to get 2.5m when it is competing with so many bigger games in the next month and then more in the first 3 months of next year. There are just too many games that are way bigger than Uncharted coming out for it to do anything other than decent sales for the holidays...

You mean are the reviewers kidding you? No, I'm sure they take their job pretty seriously there. And I'm sorry to tell you bet L4D2 is not going to sell more than uncharted when it is competing against MW2 which is also a FPS. Name a big adventure shooter coming out, can you name one? I can't lol, MW is THE game this year for online play and online is the biggest driving factor for L4D2 so wouldn't you think that L4D2 would be the most affected title this holiday season? I see AC2 and UC2 doing much better than L4D2 which will be left in the dust of MW2's sales.

madkiller said:

fuck i said the same shit and they fucking banned me, how can you people be happy at that week ass shit........ highest rated exclusive of this gen and can't break 1mill one week. and dont fucking tell me ps3 gamers can't because mw2 will blow fucking past that shit, which is sad truly fucking sad, i only own a ps3 and the support you pieces of shit show for the best fucking console this gen is despicable. ps3 will stay last place this whole gen and it's not sony why it's there it the sons of bitches who claim they own 1...... god i would so buy a 360 and wash my hands with the ps3 if their online was free and their developers had some fucking imagination which sony and thier developers have and then some... and as much as i'd hate to say it their 1st party developers should so jump fucking ship<------ that fucking hurt me 2 write you have no fucking idea

-looks at uncharted 2 online- 12,000 "puts head down" damn naughty god at least you tried you game of the fucking year in my book

madkiller said:

oh my.

Okay folks, nothing to see here, can we stop replying to this out of touch human being now.

yeahitsme said:
madkiller said:

fuck i said the same shit and they fucking banned me, how can you people be happy at that week ass shit........ highest rated exclusive of this gen and can't break 1mill one week. and dont fucking tell me ps3 gamers can't because mw2 will blow fucking past that shit, which is sad truly fucking sad, i only own a ps3 and the support you pieces of shit show for the best fucking console this gen is despicable. ps3 will stay last place this whole gen and it's not sony why it's there it the sons of bitches who claim they own 1...... god i would so buy a 360 and wash my hands with the ps3 if their online was free and their developers had some fucking imagination which sony and thier developers have and then some... and as much as i'd hate to say it their 1st party developers should so jump fucking ship<------ that fucking hurt me 2 write you have no fucking idea

-looks at uncharted 2 online- 12,000 "puts head down" damn naught god at least you tried

I can agree with this but it's deeper than that. Uncharted 2 will most likely sell more than 3.5 million which is enough but it deserves soooo much more. The PS3 has issues with selling software but Uncharted 2 is going to do better than most PS3 titles so don't hit the ceiling just yet. It's not like ND are going to just stop production on the PS3 so why care so much more about sales then you have to?

Around the Network
steverhcp02 said:
madkiller said:

oh my.

Okay folks, nothing to see here, can we stop replying to this out of touch human being now.

It's so much fun though...no seriously try him he's funny!

A_C_E said:
madkiller said:
A_C_E said:
madkiller said:
Smashed said:
madkiller said:

Pardon me?

Sicken me.

You mean are the reviewers kidding you? No, I'm sure they take their job pretty seriously there. And I'm sorry to tell you bet L4D2 is not going to sell more than uncharted when it is competing against MW2 which is also a FPS. Name a big adventure shooter coming out, can you name one? I can't lol, MW is THE game this year for online play and online is the biggest driving factor for L4D2 so wouldn't you think that L4D2 would be the most affected title this holiday season? I see AC2 and UC2 doing much better than L4D2 which will be left in the dust of MW2's sales.

You really should stop now, you are just making yourself look ridiculous. 99% of reviewers wouldn't know a good game if it bit them on the ass. That being said I have not seen a single review, person, magazine, or anyone or anything that has ever said Uncharted 2 is the best game of the generation but you. It is not even in the top 10 best games of the generation. And if you think that Uncharted 2, an 800k week one PS3 exclusive game is going to get game of the year over the most hyped, biggest game of the generation (MW2) then you are completely nuts and should seek counseling immediately...

A_C_E said:
steverhcp02 said:
madkiller said:

oh my.

It's so much fun though...no seriously try him he's funny!

Fun like watching some guy in a car next to you pick his nose.

madkiller said:

You really should stop now, you are just making yourself look ridiculous. 99% of reviewers wouldn't know a good game if it bit them on the ass. That being said I have not seen a single review, person, magazine, or anyone or anything that has ever said Uncharted 2 is the best game of the generation but you. It is not even in the top 10 best games of the generation. And if you think that Uncharted 2, an 800k week one PS3 exclusive game is going to get game of the year over the most hyped, biggest game of the generation (MW2) then you are completely nuts and should seek counseling immediately...

Except G4TV, best SP of all time.

And we all know how gears of War 2 won GOTY over LBP last year at all of thos.......oh wait a second.

Okay there A_C_E i tried but still not fun, makes me more sorry that someone lacking that much logic has access to the interwebs

Sorry, but you PS3 fanboys are the ones out of touch. You think 800k is so awesome for week one, when it is terrible compared to at least 50 games I can name, most of which you probably think suck compared to Uncharted 2. Also, this game has a snowballs chance in hell at getting game of the year from any REAL publication over MW2 (sorry Playstation branded publications don't count).