By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Am I the only one disappointed in Uncharted 2's 800k?

@ madkiller

Look, no one wants to hear you compare two, three, or even four games you've never played to predict a game of the year.

You've made your salient point; some people on this site are fanboyish enough that they break out the champagne over game sales even when the game in question doesn't manage to outsell a below average Halo game. I don't know how I'll trust these people again.

@ Everyone else

Sorry, couldn't resist a brief response. Something about someone pounding the H and A keys on their keyboard over and over again to express something to people they don't know and never have to look in the face makes something inside me die.

Around the Network

@Madskiller
Ok so yuo think I should seek counselling because I have an opinion? Are you ten? Grow up man seriously. Anyways getting past the fanboy talk yes I do think that Uncharted 2 has the best chance at GOTY so what? When did I say that Uncharted 2 was the best game of this generation? So where are you getting your info from when you say Uncharted isn't even in the top 10 best games of this generation? I believe it's rated in the top 8 of all time. And again buddy, qualtiy>quantity so yes I do think a game that has sold 800k first week has a really good chance at getting game of the year, why not?

Europe's first week was actually only 2 days of data, while America's first week contained 5 days of data!

Projecting a full 5 days sales instead of just 2, and this game will have sold over a million in it's first full week on sale (which is fing amazing).

Also, anyone comparing this games sales to Halo is just stupid.

madkiller said:
Sorry, but you PS3 fanboys are the ones out of touch. You think 800k is so awesome for week one, when it is terrible compared to at least 50 games I can name, most of which you probably think suck compared to Uncharted 2. Also, this game has a snowballs chance in hell at getting game of the year from any REAL publication over MW2 (sorry Playstation branded publications don't count).

Actually I a huge fan of gears, a fan of L4D and I buy all my multiplats on 360. All I have for the PS3 is Uncharted 1/2, Infamous and MGS4. You keep saying that Uncharted 2 won't get game of the year with MW2 coming out but you don't give a reason other than it'll sell well/hype.

A_C_E said:
@Madskiller
Ok so yuo think I should seek counselling because I have an opinion? Are you ten? Grow up man seriously. Anyways getting past the fanboy talk yes I do think that Uncharted 2 has the best chance at GOTY so what? When did I say that Uncharted 2 was the best game of this generation? So where are you getting your info from when you say Uncharted isn't even in the top 10 best games of this generation? I believe it's rated in the top 8 of all time. And again buddy, qualtiy>quantity so yes I do think a game that has sold 800k first week has a really good chance at getting game of the year, why not?

Um, rated in the top anything from review scores does not even come close to proving a game to be good. Review scores don't mean anything since 99% of the reviewers and publications are complete crap and know jack squat about what makes a game good. You uneducated people are really funny trying to sound like you know what you are talking about. How about you grow a brain, go to school for the first time in your life and come back in 10 years when you have half the education and intelligence that I have...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

Around the Network
axumblade said:
madkiller said:
Sorry, but you PS3 fanboys are the ones out of touch. You think 800k is so awesome for week one, when it is terrible compared to at least 50 games I can name, most of which you probably think suck compared to Uncharted 2. Also, this game has a snowballs chance in hell at getting game of the year from any REAL publication over MW2 (sorry Playstation branded publications don't count).

I am listening...I can start the list off for you even....

Halo 3
Halo 3 ODST
Gears of War 2
Grand Theft Auto 4

Please continue, I'm not sure what other games have started out at over 880 k this generation.

Talking about sales I am talking all time there are at least 50 games that outsold Uncharted 2 week one. You don't know these games this generation?

Gears of War 1

Metal Gear Solid 4

Call of Duty 4

Call of Duty 5

Mario Kart Wii

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Super Mario Galaxy

Just to name more than you did...

madkiller said:
A_C_E said:
@Madskiller

Um, rated in the top anything from review scores does not even come close to proving a game to be good. Review scores don't mean anything since 99% of the reviewers and publications are complete crap and know jack squat about what makes a game good. You uneducated people are really funny trying to sound like you know what you are talking about. How about you grow a brain, go to school for the first time in your life and come back in 10 years when you have half the education and intelligence that I have...

Im not sure, but the word for argueing over videogame sales on the internet and then insulting everyone to prove youre more intelligent rather than responding to Axumblades question or my comment about LBP and GoW2, might be ironic, or banned. Probably both.

madkiller said:
axumblade said:
madkiller said:

I am listening...I can start the list off for you even....

Halo 3
Halo 3 ODST
Gears of War 2
Grand Theft Auto 4

Please continue, I'm not sure what other games have started out at over 880 k this generation.

Talking about sales I am talking all time there are at least 50 games that outsold Uncharted 2 week one. You don't know these games this generation?

Gears of War 1

Metal Gear Solid 4

Call of Duty 4

Call of Duty 5

Mario Kart Wii

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Super Mario Galaxy

Just to name more than you did...

and im sure the next 43 are coming in the next post.

steverhcp02 said:
madkiller said:

You really should stop now, you are just making yourself look ridiculous. 99% of reviewers wouldn't know a good game if it bit them on the ass. That being said I have not seen a single review, person, magazine, or anyone or anything that has ever said Uncharted 2 is the best game of the generation but you. It is not even in the top 10 best games of the generation. And if you think that Uncharted 2, an 800k week one PS3 exclusive game is going to get game of the year over the most hyped, biggest game of the generation (MW2) then you are completely nuts and should seek counseling immediately...

Except G4TV, best SP of all time.

And we all know how gears of War 2 won GOTY over LBP last year at all of thos.......oh wait a second.

Okay there A_C_E i tried but still not fun, makes me more sorry that someone lacking that much logic has access to the interwebs

LMAO, I know you didn't just use X-Play to back what you think? G4TV is just about the worst publication in history to listen to about what games are good and what games are bad. Hell, they gave Wii Fit Plus a 4/5, lol....

madkiller said:
A_C_E said:
@Madskiller

No offense but you don't seem so educated, just saying but hey, let's keep our personal status to ourselves here because I don't give a dead mooses last shit who you are because it doesn't affect me. It always turns out like this you keep derailing the subject.

Review scores, especially written ones, are the most varied and well percieved scoresheet to go off of so quit whining. You seem to be getting pretty offended here so should we just end this conversation or are you thirsty for more?