By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 pre-order sales are failing hard

P2P = anyone can join even that 400 ping guy that lives in island cause you're the closest "match" to him... and thus there is lag for everyone. if the host disconnects, the gameplay ends (in a vid of MW2 you actually see that... takes 3 sec, I was WTF is that!, now we know... but that's 3 sec for IW people playing with IW people... not for German Tim playing with spanish Pedro and english Josh....)

DS = admins on the server can set rules to kick out anyone with a consistant ping above 100

LAN = not even an issue.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

So is there a way/place where we can actually see some figures of made pre-orders/sales on the PC for MW2? Or MW1 for that matter. Retail of course, no digital distributor is releasing figures which totally sucks.

liquid said:

So is there a way/place where we can actually see some figures of made pre-orders/sales on the PC for MW2? Or MW1 for that matter. Retail of course, no digital distributor is releasing figures which totally sucks.

No, but shio will be more than happy to pull some out of thin air for you.

JaggedSac said:
liquid said:

No, but shio will be more than happy to pull some out of thin air for you.

The only figure available of COD4 was that it sold 383k in US in 2007. There's no other figures. But A few months ago I made a rough calculation about the retail PC sales based on the fact of the date of release of Activision's "COD sold 7 million on a few selected markets" news, and the sales of the console sales at that time. It came out that PC sold 2.2 million out of those 7 million, without counting the retail sales of dozens of PC-centric markets nor the DD sales: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=2436222

By the way, MW2 just dropped to 7th on Steam!! It is nowhere near the performance of COD4.

Around the Network
ironman said:
Kasz216 said:
ironman said:
vlad321 said:
ironman said:

Meh, I won't be playing the PC version. So this doesn't effect me, it actually sounds like a smart thing to do, keeps pirates at bay!
so me = Not signed.

Besides, you can LAN over the internet, it's just a little difficult. but there are free programs that do the work for you.

Do you even know what the point of LAN is? Apparently not, going by your response.

The point of a LAN is to link two or more systems/PCs together. Usually this term is most heard in PCgamer circles and is often done so that friends can play co-op or against each-other.

I don't think YOU know what the point of a lan is.

LAN = Local Area Network.

You can't do LAN over the internet.

Software replicates LAN like expierences... but they don't work as well.

Additionally such software is actually kinda dangerous since it's "tricking" your computer into thinking the internet is a LAN connection.

Technically speaking, you are right. However, using the LAN software, you are connecting two or more computors over the internet in a virtual LAN. Virtual is the word i left out, but that's only because  ididn't think i would honestly have to make this argument.

Aditionally, such softawre does nothing more than set your computor network setting to work with other people's computor network settings. you can do the same thing without the software, it is just more of a hassle. You are creating a discrete connection, and with the proper firewall, a fairly secure one.

there is no point doing LAN software because it kills the purpose of having an intranet type setup, virtual LAN is ass, it's easier to run a private server if you are on the internet anyways. the point of LAN, outside of the ultra low pings, is the same idea as a Wii party these days, only you are spilling blood, not waggling your dicks.

MW2 is down to 8th place on Steam, it just keeps dropping!!!

Unbelievable how disappointing MW2 is doing! Infinity Ward must be kicking themselves.

shio said:
MW2 is down to 8th place on Steam, it just keeps dropping!!!

Unbelievable how disappointing MW2 is doing! Infinity Ward must be kicking themselves.

no PC gamer in their right mind would buy a fucking FPS without being able to run their own dedicated servers or having custom servers setup for their Clans etc, PC gamers are like, you know, that's just how it goes, noway in hell I'm getting MW2 at all now lol. PC gamers are just not very casual at all =P.

^PC gamers are smart as custoumers, it's as simple as that.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
^PC gamers are smart as custoumers, it's as simple as that.

Well it's not that we are smart customers, it's that we have far far higher standards on games than people who play them on consoles. Developers actually have to work hard for their money on something other than new shades of gray and brown to earn their dollar.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835