By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forget GT5 and Forza check the new racing benchmark for eye candy

richardhutnik said:
By the way, THIS blows away everything else in here:

NOTHING discussed comes close at all, from the music, to the physics, to the weather effects. NOTHING! OWNAGE!

Thats clearly CG, wait until they show some ingame footage.

Around the Network
Feylic said:
richardhutnik said:
By the way, THIS blows away everything else in here:

NOTHING discussed comes close at all, from the music, to the physics, to the weather effects. NOTHING! OWNAGE!

Thats clearly CG, wait until they show some ingame footage.

NO!!!! The game is so amazing that they would NEVER show CGI footage and claim it was in game! 

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

I wouldn't get excited over a tech demo. Yes, I'm sure the game will look pretty good. But this is a tech demo after all, so the developers can use all the computers resources for showing exactly what they want to show. Now in the final product the engine is going to have to deal with inputs from the player, A.I., as well as displaying on the fly what is supposed to be on screen based on the players movements (that is if the entire environment isn't loaded at the start, which most of the time isn't the case.) That, almost always, degrades the visuals from a predetermined tech demo.

So... Direct X 11 > TEH C3LL ?

PC strikes again :)

I LOVE ICELAND!

Superb lighting! Everything else was just average (the crowd was just okay, the water was TERRIBLE).

Too bad I have to shell out $300+ for a DX11 capable card just to appreciate the improvements, though

Around the Network
tedsteriscool said:
Superb lighting! Everything else was just average (the crowd was just okay, the water was TERRIBLE).

Too bad I have to shell out $300+ for a DX11 capable card just to appreciate the improvements, though

$159, look it up on Newegg.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
tedsteriscool said:

I like to play my games maxed out, thanks.

tedsteriscool said:
Squilliam said:
tedsteriscool said:

That point of view simply doesn't work with computers. There is always one more higher setting you can implement somewhere which will tank performance. That $160 card cannot be overly taxed by anything less than a 22" LCD at full resolution.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
tedsteriscool said:
Squilliam said:
tedsteriscool said:

That point of view simply doesn't work with computers. There is always one more higher setting you can implement somewhere which will tank performance. That $160 card cannot be overly taxed by anything less than a 22" LCD at full resolution.

Well then, good thing I play at 1920x1200 (24'') instead of 1680x1050 (22'') eh?

Still...I'd rather only have to buy an uber expensive card right now and have it last 2-3 years while being able to play new games at their highest settings instead of going the cheap(ish) route and have to upgrade annually. My 8800GTX lasted a couple years, and could max everything sans Crysis at playable framerates, but now it's time for an upgrade.

tedsteriscool said:
Squilliam said:

Well then, good thing I play at 1920x1200 (24'') instead of 1680x1050 (22'') eh?

Still...I'd rather only have to buy an uber expensive card right now and have it last 2-3 years while being able to play new games at their highest settings instead of going the cheap(ish) route and have to upgrade annually. My 8800GTX lasted a couple years, and could max everything sans Crysis at playable framerates, but now it's time for an upgrade.

Considering you paid $400+ for your card at the time, you should be able to pick up a 5850 for $200 in a couple of months which can completely own DX11 effects. The route to high(er) performance has become a LOT cheaper.

Tease.