By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - everyone here thinks that Ninty dont need 3rd parties on the wii?

yushire said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
yushire said:
nordlead said:
so what you are saying is that you have to sell 1m units to make a profit on a game?

If its CAPCOM, Konami, EA, Ubisoft, Activision, THQ, SE, etc... THEN YES.

Wait... what? Are you being serious?

Action speaks louder than words. If not, 3rd parties will not whine and complain why there games didnt hit 1 million in a month. Some EA games were the exception. Just remember what Sven says about Okami on the Wii even its a port. Seems theyre disappointed and then leaves the Wii as their main platform now they suffer along with japanese third parties

Sven may work for Capcom but he knows crap. He is constantly contradicting Capcom headquarters in Japan. Capcom already said they were happy with Okami Wii Sales amonst other games.

I think of Sven as your typicall snobcore gamer who hates the Wii. People point out that he is contradicting his own companies financial reports and then he just stops replying.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
yushire said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
yushire said:
nordlead said:
so what you are saying is that you have to sell 1m units to make a profit on a game?

Action speaks louder than words. If not, 3rd parties will not whine and complain why there games didnt hit 1 million in a month. Some EA games were the exception. Just remember what Sven says about Okami on the Wii even its a port. Seems theyre disappointed and then leaves the Wii as their main platform now they suffer along with japanese third parties

Sven says one thing while the official word of the company says something else as they said they were happy and theres even a new Okami game coming though its on the DS this time (hoping platforms is a bad thing to do IMO)

Well its PR. But if CAPCOM was happy the Wii could have quality tiltles right now asides from RE:DC and TvC. But then they suffer anyway though they will not become niche publishers like Konami and SE right now. Seem SE are relying on Ds titles and FF XIII right now how mighty and tall have fall.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

nordlead said:
yushire said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
yushire said:
nordlead said:

Sven may work for Capcom but he knows crap. He is constantly contradicting Capcom headquarters in Japan. Capcom already said they were happy with Okami Wii Sales amonst other games.

I think of Sven as your typicall snobcore gamer who hates the Wii. People point out that he is contradicting his own companies financial reports and then he just stops replying.

You basically said what I did! :P

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Nintendo doesn't need third parties.

If anything, third parties need Nintendo.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

Sure Nintendo doesn't need 3rth party but us core gamers DO. I know i bash on Wii alot of times, but that's because i'm fearfull Wii's mainstream gaming and ''games for the whole family'' approach will catch on to much. If that happens core games will might be pushed to the background and than we're right back 15 years ago before the launch of the Playstation.

Around the Network
jefforange89 said:
Nintendo doesn't need third parties.

If anything, third parties need Nintendo.

What Im saying all along even in 2008.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg