By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official God of War III Thread

Played the demo, thought it was very fun.

Few points:

- Ripping off helios head isnt as gross/disgusting as some people made it out to be.
- I almost forgot how angry Kratos is all the time. Him doing everything as violently as possible all the time is amusing.
- Graphics are very good, though there's some ugly textures.
- This should be a good return to form after that watery crap on PSP. (Yes I know it was done by RAD)

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
ameratsu said:

Played the demo, thought it was very fun.

Few points:

- Ripping off helios head isnt as gross/disgusting as some people made it out to be.
- I almost forgot how angry Kratos is all the time. Him doing everything as violently as possible all the time is amusing.
- Graphics are very good, though there's some ugly textures.
- This should be a good return to form after that watery crap on PSP. (Yes I know it was done by RAD)

wut?

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Whoa, whoa, whoa, since when was Chain of Olympus a crap game? o.o It's one of the best PSP games and it oozes GoW quality in every second that you play it.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@Chains of Olympus fans

It was not as good as GoW1 and 2. Admit it.

But thats not a bad achievement considering that its predecessors are 2 of the best games ever made.

MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
@Chains of Olympus fans

It was not as good as GoW1 and 2. Admit it.

But thats not a bad achievement considering that its predecessors are 2 of the best games ever made.

This game is considered by many the best game on the PSP, saying its crap is saying all PSP game are crap

It was a true GOW game (maybe not to you).

And if you wanna compare them technically note that the PS2 is more powerful than the PSP,

Btw: There is no such thing as "Chains of Olympus fans", either you are a GOW fan or your not

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

@nen

I am a huge GoW fan, including CoO ! I was referring to you guys who were defending it against ameratsu as "Chains of Olympus fans".
But it definitely is my least favourite GoW..maybe because of the lack of the 2nd analog stick.
Its definitely better than most games sure, but for me irs not as OMGWTFBBQ EPIC ! like 1 & 2.

If I could rate em out of 10,

Gow 1 - 9.8
Gow 2 - 9.9
CoO - 9.2

Still awesome.

CoO wasn't crap, just crap in comparison to GoW1 and GoW2. It felt like a watery ps2 GoW that was at least a little worse in every regard. Rolling was annoying, controls weren't as good, bosses and environments weren't as epic, upgrade system was too simplistic, and as a whole felt phoned in as a GoW game.

If that's the best the PSP has to offer, that's kinda sad actually.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

@ ameratsu

I agree. But its not "crap" compared to the PS2 games.

Lets just say it was "not as good".

But as I said, still awesome...and I agree 100% with nen-seur that its the best PSP game.

ameratsu said:

CoO wasn't crap, just crap in comparison to GoW1 and GoW2. It felt like a watery ps2 GoW that was at least a little worse in every regard. Rolling was annoying, controls weren't as good, bosses and environments weren't as epic, upgrade system was too simplistic, and as a whole felt phoned in as a GoW game.

If that's the best the PSP has to offer, that's kinda sad actually.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psp/godofwar?q=god%20of%20war

Most people disagree with you

Well that's just ur opinion i guess

I just hope you don't compare GOW 3 to GOW 1,2 and call them crap in "comparison" too

Ah, Chains of Olympus.

Not a terrible game, by any means. Actually a very good game. Solid 9/10, but only so high because of the limitations of the PSP hardware- they couldn't really have done any better.

When compared to the PS2 versions, it sucks. REALLY sucks. It is hurt by the lack of a right analog stick, the gimping of the left analog stick, and the absence of L2/R2. The graphics are ugly, the game is short, and it's basically just a watered-down port of God of War II.

It is my favourite PSP game, but then I don't own very many.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective