By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NSMBwii to wipe the board through Christmas and next year?

Want to make a bet Keep_the_change?

Around the Network

@keep_the_change

The game will definitely sell 15 million minimum. Nintendo will advertise the hell out of it. Nintendo was advertising NSMB for DS years after it's launch. Don't know if they are still advertising it now though.

tuoyo said:
I think Call of Duty will be the biggest seller this holiday but in the long run it will be destroyed by NSMB Wii.

This.  The two games' launches are going to be a complete repeat of MKWii and GTAIV - the hardcore gamers will wet thems over the thought of MW2 "destroying the Wii," but at the end of the day, Mario will end up dominating MW2.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
jefforange89 said:
tuoyo said:
I think Call of Duty will be the biggest seller this holiday but in the long run it will be destroyed by NSMB Wii.

This.  The two games' launches are going to be a complete repeat of MKWii and GTAIV - the hardcore gamers will wet thems over the thought of MW2 "destroying the Wii," but at the end of the day, Mario will end up dominating MW2.

That's actually quite a good analogy.

jefforange89 said:
tuoyo said:

much like MKWii and GTAIV, MW2 will DESTROY in reviewing scores, giving cusomters who ended up buying it a great experience.

while NSMB will sell more in the end.

I think the question you have to ask yourself is... do you want a game that is better? or do you perfer to buy a game because more people bought it.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

You think CoD: MW2 will be better than a 2D Mario platformer on a home console? Seriously?

It'll be good but come on :P

kingofwale said:
jefforange89 said:
tuoyo said:

much like MKWii and GTAIV, MW2 will DESTROY in reviewing scores, giving cusomters who ended up buying it a great experience.

while NSMB will sell more in the end.

I think the question you have to ask yourself is... do you want a game that is better? or do you perfer to buy a game because more people bought it.

I do want a game that is better.

Which is why I'd choose Mario over Call of Duty any day - especially with the news that the PC version will not only cost as much as the console version, and be castrated into a console game as well.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
puffy said:
You think CoD: MW2 will be better than a 2D Mario platformer on a home console? Seriously?

It'll be good but come on :P

wanna make 1 week ban bet according to GameRanking after 2 weeks of launch?

or let's make it voluntary 1 week ban. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

haha no I don't have faith in the reviewing system :P You win this round.. *shakes fist*

It will sell well I think. It probably has more of a chance to reach 15 million than some other games do.