By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - buying a 360 in the next week. What game is a sleeper for the system

Fame_Mcswagg said:
dsister44 said:
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Kameo
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Earth Defense 2017
Too Human

You have to at least get Viva Pinata

out of all the recommendations Viva Pinata actually looks the most interesting. i dont like the whole space futuristic environments of mass effect and too human. Lost odyssey looks really cool and I'll grab that one also.

I reccomend playing demos for all these games (there's pretty much a demo for everything on live) Banjo isn't for everyone ...

Around the Network
Seece said:
Fame_Mcswagg said:
dsister44 said:
Kameo
Earth Defense 2017
Too Human

out of all the recommendations Viva Pinata actually looks the most interesting. i dont like the whole space futuristic environments of mass effect and too human. Lost odyssey looks really cool and I'll grab that one also.

I reccomend playing demos for all these games (there's pretty much a demo for everything on live) Banjo isn't for everyone ...

do you need xbox live gold I think it is to download demos. I know nothing about the xbox so any info would help.

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

Fame_Mcswagg said:
Seece said:
Fame_Mcswagg said:
dsister44 said:
Kameo
Earth Defense 2017
Too Human

do you need xbox live gold I think it is to download demos. I know nothing about the xbox so any info would help.

Nah, gold means you get new demos a week earlier than you would do.

Like others have said... CRACKDOWN!! Really underrated gem.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I just seen a video review left 4 dead and it looks cool but seems really short. does anyone know if the second game is any longer?

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

Around the Network

mass effect and crackdown
Geometry Wars 2 its awesome
Rez HD

deadrising also is great

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

Left 4 Dead is not about singleplayer. You can play it with a friend via splitscreen or with 3 other friends via system link, but the game is meant to be played online.

Also the locations stay the same, but you will face different enemies every time you play it. So you never know the location of certain enemy groups. That keeps the game kinda fresh.
And well yeah I wouldn't buy it for singleplayer.

De85 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

What kind of bundle are you getting? I would recommend PURE, it is such a fun arcade racer. I had a REALLY great time with it. Other than that, get like $50 in MS points and go shopping on XBLA.

I highly recommend:

• Geometry Wars 2 (put your music on the HDD and enjoy the game. Soooo addictive and so much fun)
  • Splosion Man - CLASSIC 2D plattformer and one of the best.
  • Braid
  • Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition - Best adventure ever

and you have to try:

• Castle Crashers
  • Trials HD
  • Shadow Complex
  • and a bunch of classic games.

a lot of people are loving those titles.

I endorse this post 110%!

loves2splooge said:
Castle Crashers and Braid are coming to PSN with extras I think so you could wait for those. Castle Crashers is really fun.

As for Lost Odyssey load times, they weren't much of a problem for me after installing to the hard drive (installing 4 discs is gonna take up a crapload of space though. lol).

Why wait for an unannounced release date when you can play them today on XBLA?  Also, I'd like a link to where it was announced they'd come with extras.

Castle Crashers and Braid were already announced for the PSN awhile ago. No date but the ports are confirmed. And it's Sony's policy that you have to include exclusive content when you do a late port to the PS3. It's similar to how last gen the Xbox was getting a bunch of PS2 ports with extras.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/castlecrashers/news.html?sid=6213855&mode=previews

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/100/1009615p1.html

It is over the top to advise people to wait out for unannounced ports that may never exist (ie. Mass Effect 2, Magnacarta 2 or the english localization of PS3 Tales of Vesperia, which hasn't been announced yet even though the 360 version has been out for a good bit over a year and is pretty cheap these days) and I am critical of that. It's not like people back then were saying, "don't get GTA III on the PS2, that's the beta, wait for a potential GTA port with better graphics and extras on the Xbox. lulz" A person would have been rightly laughed at and branded as a Xbox fanboy for spouting that nonsense back then (yet somehow it's become fashionable to call original versions "betas" these days). But since Castle Crashers and Braid are announced for PSN, he has a PS3 and he hasn't bought them from XBLA yet, I don't see why I shouldn't recommend that he wait for those two.

Here is a list of games that aren't really off peoples radar but are wonderful.

Left 4 Dead
Gears 1 & 2
Halo 3 ( some people aren't into it, but I like it )
Fable 2
Mass Effect (the game amazes me still)

Off the cuff games that are dirt cheap and really fun.

Dead Rising (my favorite of the older games) its dirt cheap and has tons of replay value. Nothing like kicking zombie ass OVER and OVER!!

Black Site ( FPS shooting aliens and stuff ) isn't everyones cup of tea but its cheap and a decent fps

Viva Pinata
Kameo: Elements of Power (good cheap fun)
Lost Odyssey

Live arcade games:
Castle Crashers
Braid
Uno ( believe it or not its great fun )
Carcassonne (classic fun)
Battlefield 1943 (my favorite live arcade game)
Geometry Wars 2

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

loves2splooge said:
De85 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

What kind of bundle are you getting? I would recommend PURE, it is such a fun arcade racer. I had a REALLY great time with it. Other than that, get like $50 in MS points and go shopping on XBLA.

I highly recommend:

• Geometry Wars 2 (put your music on the HDD and enjoy the game. Soooo addictive and so much fun)
  • Splosion Man - CLASSIC 2D plattformer and one of the best.
  • Braid
  • Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition - Best adventure ever

and you have to try:

• Castle Crashers
  • Trials HD
  • Shadow Complex
  • and a bunch of classic games.

a lot of people are loving those titles.

I endorse this post 110%!

loves2splooge said:
Castle Crashers and Braid are coming to PSN with extras I think so you could wait for those. Castle Crashers is really fun.

As for Lost Odyssey load times, they weren't much of a problem for me after installing to the hard drive (installing 4 discs is gonna take up a crapload of space though. lol).

Why wait for an unannounced release date when you can play them today on XBLA?  Also, I'd like a link to where it was announced they'd come with extras.

Castle Crashers and Braid were already announced for the PSN awhile ago. No date but the ports are confirmed. And it's Sony's policy that you have to include exclusive content when you do a late port to the PS3. It's similar to how last gen the Xbox was getting a bunch of PS2 ports with extras.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/castlecrashers/news.html?sid=6213855&mode=previews

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/100/1009615p1.html

Yeah for retail releases. I haven't heard anything about downloadable games.