By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - buying a 360 in the next week. What game is a sleeper for the system

Is the loading that big of an issue in lost odyssey?

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

Around the Network

What kind of bundle are you getting? I would recommend PURE, it is such a fun arcade racer. I had a REALLY great time with it. Other than that, get like $50 in MS points and go shopping on XBLA.

I highly recommend:

• Geometry Wars 2 (put your music on the HDD and enjoy the game. Soooo addictive and so much fun)
  • Splosion Man - CLASSIC 2D plattformer and one of the best.
  • Braid
  • Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition - Best adventure ever

and you have to try:

• Castle Crashers
  • Trials HD
  • Shadow Complex
  • and a bunch of classic games.

a lot of people are loving those titles.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

I'm not sure what bundle I'm getting yet. I was going to go used for the system but with all the problems people have with the system I am sorta leaning against that route. Is there a Forza 3 bundle?

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

Fame_Mcswagg said:
I'm not sure what bundle I'm getting yet. I was going to go used for the system but with all the problems people have with the system I am sorta leaning against that route. Is there a Forza 3 bundle?

In Europe, there is an awesome bundle:

Xbox360 + 250 GB HDD + 2 wireless controller + Forza Motorsport 3 + headset = 329€ / 240 pounds

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Elite-Console-Drive-Forza/dp/B002PU9UCM/ref=pd_ts_vg_h__3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

and I forgot: If you like hack n slash games, go and get Ninja Blade. Fun, underrated and VERY cheap right now

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Best part about getting a console that's been on the market for 4 years is that you can get an impressive library for dirt cheap!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Best part about getting a console that's been on the market for 4 years is that you can get an impressive library for dirt cheap!

Yea I know I been checking up on all the games recommended and they all all dirt cheap. The only game I planned on buying that was new was Forza 3. But the others are all 15 dollars or below.

Castle Crashers and Braid are coming to PSN with extras I think so you could wait for those. Castle Crashers is really fun.

As for Lost Odyssey load times, they weren't much of a problem for me after installing to the hard drive (installing 4 discs is gonna take up a crapload of space though. lol).

Fame_Mcswagg said:
Is the loading that big of an issue in lost odyssey?

No, not if you play the game from your hard drive.

I've seen the difference, and by installing the game on the HDD, it's faster.

Just transfer the discs on your Hard Drive and you're ready to play the most immersive, moving, musical JRPG of the generation.
Anyway, any 360 gamer should do this for EVERY game (except Halo3, of course).

My Gaming Setup

criminalminds said:
Well if you are getting XBL I highly suggest you get your CoD on 360 over the PS3. Just an all around better experience (usually slightly better or more features and always a lot more gamers to play with :))

Other than that, I'd say give Crackdown a try!

fanboy's opinion!

GameAnalyser said:
criminalminds said:
Well if you are getting XBL I highly suggest you get your CoD on 360 over the PS3. Just an all around better experience (usually slightly better or more features and always a lot more gamers to play with :))

Other than that, I'd say give Crackdown a try!

fanboy's opinion!

Erm, no...the Xbox 360 gets first dibs on the map packs and a lot more people to play with than the PS3 version does. These are facts...

As for the question, my sleeper games would have to be:

Lost Odyssey (best JRPG I've played in awhile)

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts ($20, and very fun building vehicles, plus I love the art style)

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise ($20, all the features of the original, plus more pinata species and co-op over Live)

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.