By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why is God of War such a big deal?

@detwi

LOL

Great post

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network

@ leo-j
I agree it is a good game but the "best action game" comment may take it a little far. I'm sure there are some other contenders out there for best action game

Back on topic, GoW is a big deal because it is a helluva game. Play it and you'll know why. (I'm assuming you haven't played it cuz anyone who has played it will tell you how great it is and is a system seller.)

Its established as a game which delivers great graphics, good gameplay, tons of violence and some battles and creatures that lead me to believe the creators were on acid during the development of it.

For this game to sell poorly would take at least 2 poor sequels. Until then the game will be bought because it is established as a game that delivers to a mass of people.

I never cared for playing it, but my roomate loved it (1 at least for some reason he bought 2 on launch and played it for about 2 hours before never playing it again). It was one hell of a ride just watching it.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

The God of War games are awesome if you like their genre, although calling them the best actions games of all time is fairly ridiculous. I don't see them as major system sellers, mainly due to the 18+ rating they've got almost everywhere and their fairly hardcore appeal, but then again I can't recall seeing anyone touting them as such.

Basically it had lots of advertising, good graphics and a wide audience appeal.

I think part of it was that Sony and a lot of fans expected the 2nd game to sell better than the 1st.

Around the Network

God of War is arguably one of the best looking games of last gen. The crowd it attracts are known to frequent the internet, which is why there is such a vocal outcry about it. The series has solid sales, especially after becoming part of the Greatest Hits. I, too, await GoW2's arrival into Greatest Hits, and it shall be mine.

There is much anticipation to see what the team can do with the power of the PS3 at their disposal, especially after the gorgeous environments of Heavenly Sword.

Because it is one of the best games ever.

These games are fantastic, the amount of care and attention to detail put into the God of War series is very impressive. In the past I never paid any attention to God of War, this until I saw some great looking God of War 2 videos online which peaked my interest. I bought the original God of War for my PS3, based on past reviews and due to the game being availabe at budget prices, then I just had to get part 2 and I'm very much looking forward to part 3.

It's the sort of game which takes years to develop and this shows.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Well, in terms of gameplay, i wouldnt put god of war as one of the best ever, though some of the moves are AWSOME (like when it tells you to press O)

The only reason i really really like it, is the story, ive always loved greek miths, and the ending to 2 was AWSOME, i cant wait.

Though, in terms of gameplay, im more excited for Devil May cry 4, 3 was just plain kick ass, just wow.

Its a good game none the less, and should be a decent system seller

In terms of graphics, absolutley stunning, though very few, the few we got were, just WOW, pushed the ps2 to the max no doubt. I cant wait to see 3

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
cool48 said:
Because it is one of the best games ever.

Too true (although it's not actually my favourite genre, I've watched my brother play through both games

add me