By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why is God of War such a big deal?

Also, the whole mechanic of new cutscenes being revealed based on repeated playthrough was interesting. However, I think I've derailed this thread enough...

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
And the commercials definately made direct comparisons, such as a guy in a crash costume going to Nintendo headquarters and yelling into a megaphone telling Mario his days are numbered.

I guess Mario won.

Sure if you don't count the last 13 years of domination.  Mario won bigtime.

Double

makingmusic476 said:
Because God of War 1&2 kicked so much ass! They were easily my favorite ps2 games after MGS and J&D.

I don't understand why GoW2 sold less than GoW1. The second one was a much better game and I know people who bought two but have yet to buy one. It makes no sense to me. Also, GoW2 has yet to be released in Japan, if that has any effect on things. It's coming out Oct. 25.

Maybe VGChartz's numbers are just off? According to Kotaku, GoW2 sold 833,000 units in March in the US alone. I have a hard time believing the game only shifted another 300,000 in NA over the next 7 months.

Well for starters GoW II is $30-40 you can get GoW for $20 new and under 10 used.  Understand?

Honestly I think it is one of the most overhyped games around, its a button masher.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

Around the Network

@Thread starter:
You could ask the same thing about Halo,Gears of War,MetroidPrime,MarioParty,SuperSmashBros.,etc.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

It's a very well designed game.

I've also seen it pull in a lot of non-gamers, who suddenly became interested watching me play, and ended up buying it.

Kind of hard to watch God of War and not want to play it. Just the environments make you want to walk around looking at shit.

I so love GoW(s) :D It's not hyped! It's an actual kick ass game that has the gfx, gameplay and immersive storyline. I love smashing someones head to the ground or ripping the eye out from the cyclops. Bring on the Cerberus' :D

I think it will be a system seller. I do wonder if it will be on th ps2 as well?

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

well, it's my favorite game on the PS2 (along with Shadows of the Colossus).

however, neither game is going to move many systems.

just because something is great doesn't mean it sells well (system shock 2).  and just because something sells well, doesn't mean it's good (the sims).