By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Campaña: Fragile en español (campaign: Fragile in spanish)

Hace poco Rising Star Games (RSG) anuncio que Fragile, desarrollado por Namco Bandai va a salir a la venta en multilenguaje, incluyendo frances, aleman e ingles, el gran problema es que el juego no va a tener la opcion de ser jugado en castellano, por lo cual ha comenzado una campaña para lograr que Rising Star Games cambie de opinion, debido a que ya son varios los lanzamientos importantes para Wii que han aparecido sin traduccion en castellano y en este momento es caracterisitica ya deberia de ser obligatoria.

Para poder hacer sentir nuestras voces es mejor hacer la mayor cantidad de presion posible, comentando en el foro de Rising Star Games

http://www.risingstargames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=244

Para asi lograr hacerlos entrar en razon. Solo recuerden ser lo mas respetuosos posible, pero claros en su peticion de que el juego deberia de salir en castellano.

Para ponernos de acuerdo en que medidas llevar a cabo ponerse en contacto al siguiente foro (en castellano) que han sido quienes empezaron la campaña:

http://foros.blogocio.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3827

TRANSLATION:

A little time ago, Rising Star Games (RSG) anounced that Fragile, the game developed by Namco-Bandai will be released for sale on multi-language disc, incluiding French, German and English, but without the option for play it with Spanish language. Because of that situation has begun a campaign for make Rising Star games change their mind, there are many major releases for Wii witout Spanish language option and that must be required in every new release.

For make our voices strongers the best is apply the most preassure possible, posting in the Rising Star Games forum about this theme (ENGLISH):

http://www.risingstargames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=244

For accord what tactics follow in order to accomplish our goal, put in contact on this forum (IN SPANISH) from the people who started the campaign

http://foros.blogocio.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3827

Todos somos jugones, no importa de donde vengamos o que titulos nos gusten, merecemos respeto por parte de las empresas que hacen juegos, porque a fin de cuentas ellos se deben a nosotros que forjamos sus compañias comprando sus juegos.

Everyone of us are gamers, no matter from where we are or what kind of game we like, we deserve respect from all the enterprises who make videogames, because we forge their companies buying their games, making them biggers.

Around the Network

You want to delay the game further because of that, so no. Sorry.

Palancas7, you have a good point, but ¿what about if the game doesn't be on english?
¿Would you be OK with that?

The game have a year of delay, I don't think one extra month make a great damage to anyone.

Is this the Pal release you are talking about? So that means the only country that would need the Spanish language in this situation is Spain right? I think all of those languages(including Spanish) are useless for the demographic the game targets. Each country has a main "gaming" audience that really doesn't target the Wii nor a very small Action-Adventure RPG. the people who do want the game, probably know English to at least a proficient level to read news about it. That is because, all news about the game is in either English or Japanese. The game doesn't even have complex writing either. I understood the Japanese only after 6 months of classes, well the spoken parts anyway. I do agree though, if they are adding German(Germany is very PC focused from my knowledge) then should add Spanish as well.

If this is NTSC-U, why do they even bother with French and German? French I can understand a little bit, with a good number of Canadians speaking it, but German? The only significant groups of German spoken in the country is the Pennsylvania Dutch and Swiss German of the Amish and other religious separators. I don't see them playing video games....

I demand a Swedish language option! Us Swedes has been kicked in the balls for to long, why should we be forced to learn English to play games?

Around the Network

SC94597, I mean about PAL and NTSC releases, Risisng Star Games it's at charge in both regions, if they include spanish will be for both of them, and Canadian audiences buy games with french language too. In the U. S. have millions of latin american public, they are clients too, and is not a secret that multilanguage games sell a lot more than "only in english". I mean, there are options, you can choose taht you like, but if the option is not there obviously you can inclusive choice some other game like SPYBORGS, that tittle include spanish and another languages, the same selection for both regions. The point is this is too a problem of respect, some companies are making spanish translations for games like My sims and Imagine be series, those are games no one have really problems, but games like Fragile and Dead Sapce extraction have a rythm that really require a little more understanding of the language, because they have incredible good plots and some moments too much fast dialogues.

FOREST SPIRIT, I recomend you make the same as us: begin a thread in the rising star games forums, call all of your contacts and claim for the localization of the game in Swedish, all of US are GAMERS, have the same rights and must be defended.

Castellano es la misma lengua que espanol? Yo pense que eran un poco differente. Aprendo algo nuevo cada dia (ayer era que mi amiga no puede tomar mas que dos tiros de bourbon).

Buena suerte!

Oh I didn't realize there were Wii games that played in both PAL and NTSC-U consoles. If that is the case, then there is some value to it I guess.

Edit: Xseed is in charge of North America, not Rising Star as far as I know.

NoName2200, efectiviously, Castellano y Español son lo mismo. (both languages are the same) just a little diference by localization. Thanks a lot.

SC94597, Rising Star Games almost ever releases their games in multi language, but fragile is a major release and nobody understand why this time Spanish is not included, and this a very bad step back. From Xseed nobody spects nothing, because they almost never translates any tittle, and RSG would make the translation if they had the licenses for distribution in both regions.

As example, dead space extraction in america sold 27.000 units in the first 3 weeks, in europe just 17.000 ¿diferences? language avaibility. More languages take more public, the people fells more identified to the game when is localizated on their own language, all the movies are ever translated to spanish in Spain, and bussines goes great. ¿Why don't make the same for games?

Ive always played my games on english anyway, the spanish translation tends to suck anyway, both dubbed or subbed, specially when it has spanish accent

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!