By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Forza 3 will be a sales flop if not HEAVILY BUNDLED!!!!!!!!

I think GT is still up in the air with sells because they haven't released a full game this gen, while forza has and sold pretty well.

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

Around the Network
LF-A said:
DirtyP2002 said:
LF-A said:
kowenicki said:
LF-A said:
Carl2291 said:
I found a thread for you with a bunch of predictions ~7 Million.

And you better be happy aswell, i had to pause Uncharted 2 to find this thread.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=81928

God damn so many fanboys are so deludional in that thread.

3/4m life time is what F3 will do, thats damn good and anything more is just setting unrealistic expectations thats other will crap all over the game for not meeting.

Priceless

no it i do 7 million and out sale GT5 LMAO

are you saying 3/4 million, which would be 750.000 or are you saying 3.000.000 - 4.000.000 ?

Serious question!

millions dude.

please be so kind to say it in a proper way. Look, now you got in an argument with Kowenicki for nothing.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

huaxiong90 said:
damndl0ser said:
wholikeswood said:

@ damndl0ser:

"F3 has no where near the hype killzone 2 got and will probably outsell it before bundling (maybe by the end of this year)."

The part in brackets is simply impossible. Ultimately though, discussion along these lines is impossible because it's already been leaked that F3 will be bundled.

"I can only imagine what kind of uproar that would happen if M$ decides to bundle this heavily and it ends up outselling GT 5. I would laugh so hard."

Even with extreme bundling, there is no way F3 could ever outsell GT5.

Sure F3 could outsell GT5 if Microsoft decided to bundle it with every 360 from now on out.  Do I think this will happen or that F3 will end up on top?  No....

F3 will end up with 2.5m -3.5m without bundles and 4.5-5.5m with bundles.  Gt 5 will probably do 6m-7m

It will do 6-7 million if it lost steam from last gen, and we don't know if that's the case. Last gen GT sales were either around 10 million or more.

Last gen's GT had a 3x bigger console base to go on.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

DirtyP2002 said:
LF-A said:

millions dude.

please be so kind to say it in a proper way. Look, now you got in an argument with Kowenicki for nothing.

Ohh yahh it my fault.

Casue its so popular to say 3/4m and mean 750k on here yahh ok there kid. M stans for what hundredths lol.

Any one with a brain should know that means millions especially with a m also when regarding a game whos predecessor sold guess what 4 million, its just common sense. 

But this place seems to seriously lack that, so sad and pathetic.

damndl0ser said:
huaxiong90 said:
damndl0ser said:
wholikeswood said:

@ damndl0ser:

"F3 has no where near the hype killzone 2 got and will probably outsell it before bundling (maybe by the end of this year)."

The part in brackets is simply impossible. Ultimately though, discussion along these lines is impossible because it's already been leaked that F3 will be bundled.

"I can only imagine what kind of uproar that would happen if M$ decides to bundle this heavily and it ends up outselling GT 5. I would laugh so hard."

Sure F3 could outsell GT5 if Microsoft decided to bundle it with every 360 from now on out.  Do I think this will happen or that F3 will end up on top?  No....

F3 will end up with 2.5m -3.5m without bundles and 4.5-5.5m with bundles.  Gt 5 will probably do 6m-7m

It will do 6-7 million if it lost steam from last gen, and we don't know if that's the case. Last gen GT sales were either around 10 million or more.

As did last gen's Metal Gear Solid.

Around the Network
LF-A said:
DirtyP2002 said:
LF-A said:

millions dude.

Ohh yahh it my fault.

Casue its so popular to say 3/4m and mean 750k on here yahh ok there kid. M stans for what hundredths lol.

Any one with a brain should know that means millions especially with a m also when regarding a game whos predecessor sold guess what 4 million, its just common sense. 

But this place seems to seriously lack that, so sad and pathetic.

3/4 = 0.75

--> 3/4m = 0.75m = 750k = 750000

and common sense is rare on the internetz, not just @ VGC.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

damndl0ser said:
huaxiong90 said:
damndl0ser said:
wholikeswood said:

@ damndl0ser:

It's the first 20mil or so consumers that will do most of the software purchasing. The PS2's 120mil install base didn't help it sell titles drastically better than when it sat at 20 or 30 mil.

Prologue has already shown that the GT series is as strong as ever. It would be foolish to think that GT5 would only do a couple million more than its demo.

wholikeswood said:
elticker said:
1337 Gamer said:
with good marketing it will sell 2.5M+ with no bundling. But if its bundled we could see an easy 4M+. There are probably alot more racing fans that own a 360 now than there were when forza 2 was released.

true im an example i jumped in in summer 2008 and i am getting limited edition of forza 3 though i never played forza 2 and i also bought the microsoft wheel for forza.

i am expecting 3.5mil-6mil without bundling and with bundling i dont know

What have you been smoking that you think 6mil without bundling is in any way feasible?

Living in a dreamworld...

i was not smoking but it may reach it and thats a may but the truth is i just increased expectatoin i would say 3.5-5 mil but then i edited iot to 3.5-6 mil and its possible though highly unlickely to reach 6 mil, no one was expecting halo 3 to sell more 10 million lifetime and now its at 10.25 million. edit (some people were expecting halo 3 to reach ten million but most thought of it as almost impossible and also most people that expected it to reach ten million expected its sales to die at 10 million but its still selling and may even reach 10.75 million before reach is out)

elticker said:
wholikeswood said:
elticker said:
1337 Gamer said:
with good marketing it will sell 2.5M+ with no bundling. But if its bundled we could see an easy 4M+. There are probably alot more racing fans that own a 360 now than there were when forza 2 was released.

true im an example i jumped in in summer 2008 and i am getting limited edition of forza 3 though i never played forza 2 and i also bought the microsoft wheel for forza.

i am expecting 3.5mil-6mil without bundling and with bundling i dont know

What have you been smoking that you think 6mil without bundling is in any way feasible?

Living in a dreamworld...

i was not smoking but it may reach it and thats a may but the truth is i just increased expectatoin i would say 3.5-5 mil but then i edited iot to 3.5-6 mil and its possible though highly unlickely to reach 6 mil, no one was expecting halo 3 to sell more 10 million lifetime and now its at 10.25 million.

You just need to think about things rationally. Forza 2 did 1.8mil without bundles. You're saying that Forza 3 can do 6mil without bundles. That's just too large a leap.

As for Halo 3, I don't think anyone ever called a ceiling of under 10mil. The second did ~8.5mil and the third had the benefit over the second of launching as the first iteration on new hardware. 10mil was never anything other than entirely feasible.

wholikeswood said:
damndl0ser said:
huaxiong90 said:
damndl0ser said:
wholikeswood said:

@ damndl0ser:

It's the first 20mil or so consumers that will do most of the software purchasing. The PS2's 120mil install base didn't help it sell titles drastically better than when it sat at 20 or 30 mil.

Prologue has already shown that the GT series is as strong as ever. It would be foolish to think that GT5 would only do a couple million more than its demo.

Your right those extra 100 million consoles were just used for dvd players.  SIGH.....

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!