By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Forza 3 will be a sales flop if not HEAVILY BUNDLED!!!!!!!!

Carl2291 said:
I found a thread for you with a bunch of predictions ~7 Million.

And you better be happy aswell, i had to pause Uncharted 2 to find this thread.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=81928

God damn so many fanboys are so deludional in that thread.

3/4m life time is what F3 will do, thats damn good and anything more is just setting unrealistic expectations thats other will crap all over the game for not meeting.

Around the Network

I think hype, reputation and the growth in install base will allow Forza 3 to do better than Forza 2 - say 2M unbundled, maybe 2.5. However, with the whole '360's GT5' hype it may do even better if it generates enough brand loyalty amongst 360 owners.

I'll say one thing, it's a good job its not releasing the same week as MW2.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

JerCotter7 said:
kowenicki said:
@serious frusting

You are contradicting yourself...

You are saying that killzone2 hasnt flopped but that Forza3 will flop with similar sales because of the previous hype? Where you in a coma in the run up to the killzone2 release?

If you read what he said, it will be a flop by fanboy standards. So unless you are calling him a fanboy I don't see how he called it a flop

It wont either way no matter how much it sells but you can bet there will be threads made about it if it "only" sells 2 million.

check the thread-title ?!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

wholikeswood said:

@ damndl0ser:

"F3 has no where near the hype killzone 2 got and will probably outsell it before bundling (maybe by the end of this year)."

The part in brackets is simply impossible. Ultimately though, discussion along these lines is impossible because it's already been leaked that F3 will be bundled.

"I can only imagine what kind of uproar that would happen if M$ decides to bundle this heavily and it ends up outselling GT 5. I would laugh so hard."

Even with extreme bundling, there is no way F3 could ever outsell GT5.

Sure F3 could outsell GT5 if Microsoft decided to bundle it with every 360 from now on out.  Do I think this will happen or that F3 will end up on top?  No....

F3 will end up with 2.5m -3.5m without bundles and 4.5-5.5m with bundles.  Gt 5 will probably do 6m-7m

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

kowenicki said:
LF-A said:
Carl2291 said:

3/4m life time is what F3 will do, thats damn good and anything more is just setting unrealistic expectations thats other will crap all over the game for not meeting.

Priceless

no it will do 7 million and out sale GT5 LMAO

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:

carl even you say 5m with bundles... lol

5 million with bundles sounds fairly reasonable...

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

damndl0ser said:
wholikeswood said:

@ damndl0ser:

"F3 has no where near the hype killzone 2 got and will probably outsell it before bundling (maybe by the end of this year)."

The part in brackets is simply impossible. Ultimately though, discussion along these lines is impossible because it's already been leaked that F3 will be bundled.

"I can only imagine what kind of uproar that would happen if M$ decides to bundle this heavily and it ends up outselling GT 5. I would laugh so hard."

Even with extreme bundling, there is no way F3 could ever outsell GT5.

Sure F3 could outsell GT5 if Microsoft decided to bundle it with every 360 from now on out.  Do I think this will happen or that F3 will end up on top?  No....

F3 will end up with 2.5m -3.5m without bundles and 4.5-5.5m with bundles.  Gt 5 will probably do 6m-7m

It will do 6-7 million if it lost steam from last gen, and we don't know if that's the case. Last gen GT sales were either around 10 million or more.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

LF-A said:
kowenicki said:
LF-A said:
Carl2291 said:

Priceless

no it i do 7 million and out sale GT5 LMAO

are you saying 3/4 million, which would be 750.000 or are you saying 3.000.000 - 4.000.000 ?

Serious question!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:

carl even you say 5m with bundles... lol

5 Million tops with bundles, 2.5 without bundles.

Seem's very reasonable to me.

Going as high as 6-7 Million, is lolable.

DirtyP2002 said:
LF-A said:
kowenicki said:
LF-A said:
Carl2291 said:

Priceless

no it i do 7 million and out sale GT5 LMAO

are you saying 3/4 million, which would be 750.000 or are you saying 3.000.000 - 4.000.000 ?

Serious question!

millions dude.