By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 2 - 300K DAY ONE in NA + 1 Million Week 1.. IMPRESSED?!

Good! I'm glad this game is selling well, good for the PS3 fans.  I hope they enjoy it over the weekend.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Smashed said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Smashed

thought as Motorstorm 2 & Resistance 2 sold less than either of their prequels

uncharted will also sell less

the logic seems perfect!

Uncharted 2 PRE-ORDERS in one day/north america alone almost had Resistance 2's numbers in WEEK one.

Motorstorm... Japan Uncharted 2 day one outsold Motorstorm 2 in NA/Others/Japan week one, when you combine the 3 territories, Motorstorm 2 sold more.. But this is JAPAN.

Your logic is terrible.

I predicted it way before the pre-order numbers began to increase due to reviews & marketing!

The logic was sound at the time.

If you doubted Uncharted 2 that much, your just... not the right Sony material.

AE101 said:
I think it will outsell Forza 3, both first week and LTD.

And Halo ODST outsell Uncharted 2 in both first week and LTD. 

OT:  Great game deserve great sale.  Uncharted 2 is one of the best game this gen.

Smashed said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Smashed said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Smashed

the logic seems perfect!

Uncharted 2 PRE-ORDERS in one day/north america alone almost had Resistance 2's numbers in WEEK one.

Motorstorm... Japan Uncharted 2 day one outsold Motorstorm 2 in NA/Others/Japan week one, when you combine the 3 territories, Motorstorm 2 sold more.. But this is JAPAN.

Your logic is terrible.

I predicted it way before the pre-order numbers began to increase due to reviews & marketing!

The logic was sound at the time.

If you doubted Uncharted 2 that much, your just... not the right Sony material.

Ofcourse I doubted it, after seeing those killzone 2, LBP, resistance 2 & motorstorm 2 sales

to date I had overpredicted every PS3 games sales except for MGS4 massively......I took a learn from your mistakes approach & this is what I got....a horrible crow spagetti made by kantor who can't cook!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Uncharted 2 Baby! I'm not impressed at all, a game of this caliber deserves such sales.

Around the Network
bonkers555 said:
AE101 said:

OT:  Great game deserve great sale.  Uncharted 2 is one of the best game this gen.

God... I'm not even going to begin.. Ive lost all faith in posts like that (the bolded part).

darthdevidem01 said:
@Smashed

the logic seems perfect!

My head spinning at this logic..so i geuss FF13 wont sell more than FF12 since FF sales have declined since 7??

Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Smashed

the logic seems perfect!

My head spinning at this logic..so i geuss FF13 wont sell more than FF12 since FF sales have declined since 7??

FF1+2 = 3, FF1+3 = 4.... 4+3 = 7

FF7 REMAKE!

bonkers555 said:
AE101 said:

So Microsoft's biggest franchise with like 5 games vs. a decent sized franchise from Sony on it's 2nd game?

That seems fair. Oh wait.

Forza is a decent sized franchise, just like Uncharted 2, much better comparison.

How about we compare Sony's #1 franchise to ODST?

GT4 (one of the lower selling games from GT) outsold ODST's first week, and will certainly outsell it lifetime. Don't even get me started on GT3! Which has outsold the biggest Halo game.

Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Smashed

the logic seems perfect!

no with FF13 we must look at the decline of FF sales more thoroughly.

the last FF of PS1's gen was FF9 -- 5.21 Million

the last FF of PS2 gen was FF12 -- 5.67 Million (yes VGc adjusted it up very recently)

That shows an increase in terms of the last FF of the gen!

___

FF declined from FF7 to FF8.....then FF10 outsold FF8.....so truth be told, the franchise hasn't declined after FF8.

Now FF is multiplat & has Microsofts strong marketing.

All these factors will lead to FF13 selling massively, we can't even compare uncharted 2 & its prediction.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey