By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN playing unannounced Nintendo title next week, not a "B game"

I predicted a few months ago that Nintendo will have another title for Christmas besides NSMBwii and I was ridiculed!! :)

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Around the Network

@ bladeforce

just cos itll be announced before christmas doesnt mean it will neccesarily release before then. tho i do think its a possibillity

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

It could be the "relaxation" software to go with the vitality sensor.

The software hasn't actually been announced...and from Nintendo's point of view it wouldn't be a B title (it'll be one of their cornerstone releases next year).

Wii's first party line-up in 3 years > N64 or Gamecube to date. So I am certainly not complaining. Some of those Wii____ titles are a lot of fun and lasted a lot longer for me than that hardcore crap like Madworld that people claim is actually good because it focussed on violence, gore, and steroid pumped morons instead of fun.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

woopah said:
so if something has the name of the console in the title it must be casual? i guess mario 64 and star fox 64 are casual then

The funny thing about that statement is that, just like with the Wii and the Super NES... those were the exceptions, not the rule.  Need I remind you of countless titles that stuck "64" at the end of them to make them seem like they were lightyears ahead of their predecessors, like Superman 64... boy, what a shining example of the N64's library that was!  Or how about Madden 64... complete with NO NFL LICENSE!!!

And don't even get started on the SNES's library... for every SUPER Mario World or SUPER Streetfighter II, there were games like SUPER Battleship, SUPER Tennis, SUPER Soccer, SUPER Bowling, SUPER Bass Pro Fishing, etc, and those are just ones I remember off the top of my head.  Man, those games must have all been SUPER!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.