By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ok, I guess I do have to give capcom points for Umbrella Chonicles...

I haven't really paid much attention to the game, but it was an onrails shooter so I was pissed that capcom was giving Nintendo such a lame RE offshoot, but now....now I think differently. This video is from the recent capcom gamers day event.

It looks like there are a number of collectable weapons that are upgradable and custimizable ala RE:4, considerable production value, a substantial story, it looks like they are actually using some of the wii's power rather than making it look like a PS2 game, it looks to have a large number of collectibles such as enemy and monster data and background, and 2 player co-op. Plus, it just looks really bad ass. Now I'm alot more interested in getting it.

Here's hoping capcom will make some kind of RE:anthology for wii that has updated version of RE2 and 3. I would get that in a heartbeat. Man I wish I had RE2 and 3...

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Have you given them credit yet for Zack & Wiki?

I'm planning on buying this. Tough decision over other games available...but this looks like a good "lightgun" shooter that my friends will love...2 player co-op will rock. 4 player Ghost Squad would also rock, either for 4 player or for dual wielding 2-player hehe, but the graphics are laughable and it doesn't seem as fun or high quality.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

oh yeah, they definately get credit for Zack and wiki, I'm buying it tuesday no doubt.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Good. Not enough people seem to, especially on other sites. Due to the style, it is automatically labeled 'kiddy'. What a shame.

Around the Network

yeah ghostsquad looks kind of cool, but it also looks like a highly dated arcade shooter that will last for 45 minutes and sell for full price. OR this polished RE game with a certain degree of depth will probably be at least several hours long with considerable replay value and an actual storyline which will be super awesome for RE fans such as myself. This is much more than just a generic light gun game.

Yes!, i knew they were going to improve Weskers story more.

Those chimera looked a hell of a lot better than the ones in REmake, it was hard tomake them out before

I really don't think Zack and wiki will be kiddy simply for the difficulty level involved. In IGN's podcast for this week they were saying they intended to have the review up Friday night but they were stuck on one of the puzzles and wanted to at least come close to beating the game before they reviewed it.

I mean two grown men who are hardcore gamers and they can't even get through the game without a guide. Hopefully they will have enough time this weekend to figure out that puzzle. They said they predict it will be somewhere around a 15 hour game (or more if you get really stuck), and is absolutely brilliant in it's execution. I am soooooo getting it.

yeah this game looks good

^I know. I think of it as Viva Pinata, to an extent. Cute exterior, but hardly kid friendly.

I'm not picking up this game, but my brother is going to do so. He is a fan of arcade shooters.

I agree about Ghost Squad, though. Minimal production values. Not supporting Sega with that, though I do hear it is fun. If it wasn't full price, it would be a whole different story.

Personally, I'm getting MoH:H2. THAT has a lot of production values. Plus, you get a story mode and an Arcade Mode that is longer than Ghost Squad. The controls are
tight. 32-online(though I probably won't use it).

I'm not even a shooter fan and I'm excited about this game. The Bazooka is the best. You hold the Wiimote 'Over' your shoulder and fire. You hear the missle leaving the wiimote and, seconds later, it reaches the TV. It's the little things, really.