By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - IGN :Wii Fit MUSCLES Past GTA (2nd best selling game of the decade in NA)

Kasz216 said:
GamerBOB said:
Would any serious gamer call this a game? How about an interactive work out program?Someone make a new Genre!

I would call it a game.  I am a "serious gamer".

Why do fan boys always read flame into things? I did not mean any disrespect to the title itself. Here is a quote direct from the Wii web site on the Wii Fit add on:

"Wii Fit Plus combines fun and fitness into one product. It can change how you exercise, how you balance, and even how you move. Expanding upon the original Wii Fit software, Wii Fit Plus is packed with every feature from Wii Fit—plus new exercises and tools to personalize your exercise routine"

I just feel it could at least use a subgenre.

famousringo you may want to look up the definition of an oxymoron.

Great legs on "niche?" title.

Around the Network

Okay, i'm bored, so lets look all these words up in a dictionary!

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/oxymoron

ox·y·mo·ron

A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in a deafening silence and a mournful optimist.

Okay, so we're looking for combined terms which seem to contradict each other. Good to know.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/serious

se⋅ri⋅ous

2.     of grave or somber disposition, character, or manner: a serious occasion; a serious man.
5.     weighty or important: a serious book; Marriage is a serious matter.
6.     giving cause for apprehension; critical: The plan has one serious flaw.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gamer

game

–noun
1.     an amusement or pastime: children's games.
3.     a competitive activity involving skill, chance, or endurance on the part of two or more persons who play according to a set of rules, usually for their own amusement or for that of spectators.
10.     fun; sport of any kind; joke: That's about enough of your games.

'Game' and 'serious' have lots of definitions, so in the interest of brevity, I sliced out ones which were irrelevant or didn't seem to have any contradictions. See any incongruous combinations here? How about 'somber fun,' 'critical pastime,' 'important joke,' or 'grave amusement?'

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Well done wii fit :)

GamerBOB said:
Kasz216 said:
GamerBOB said:
Would any serious gamer call this a game? How about an interactive work out program?Someone make a new Genre!

I would call it a game.  I am a "serious gamer".

Why do fan boys always read flame into things? I did not mean any disrespect to the title itself. Here is a quote direct from the Wii web site on the Wii Fit add on:

"Wii Fit Plus combines fun and fitness into one product. It can change how you exercise, how you balance, and even how you move. Expanding upon the original Wii Fit software, Wii Fit Plus is packed with every feature from Wii Fit—plus new exercises and tools to personalize your exercise routine"

I just feel it could at least use a subgenre.

famousringo you may want to look up the definition of an oxymoron.

Great legs on "niche?" title.

Calling me a fanboy is pretty funny... i could really give a shit about console manufactuerers.  Also it can get you banned or at least warned.  Word of advice.

Wii Fit is a game because it's an interactive piece of software, it has many fun elements, keeps score... it's as much a game as space invaders is.

Because it makes you healthier while having fun is fairly pointless... I don't know if you've actually played the game but there is actually plenty of game in there.

I mean is Number Munches not a game because it teaches you math while you play?

I'm glad. I wish the top 50 best selling games of all time were Nintendo games only. Hopefully they can develop a bunch of games that can sell 20 plus mil so we can muscle out all the grand theft autos and other games that are on non Nintendo systems.

Around the Network
famousringo said:
Grimes said:
Anyone remember this thread?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=10632

It only pops up every time Wii Fit sales are mentioned. I actually feel kinda sorry for hanafuda at this point.

But then he goes and says more pessimistic things about other Wii games and I stop feeling sorry for him.

lol at hanafuda and leo-j

but for me the most hilarous comment is attributed to Tyrannical :

''I see Wii fit being Nintendo's biggest flop since the virtual boy.
(and feel free to taunt me if I turn out wrong)''

So le'ts feel free to taunt him! LoL

Good for Wii fit.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Ironically Wii Fit sales will be slowed by Wii Fit Plus sales.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

KylieDog said:
I found Wii fit the biggest waste of time. 99% of the stuff you can just do anyway with a fitness video.

That image in the OP is a perfect example, remove the BB and what is different?

You have nothing that tells you if your doing your pushups correctly.

Your scored based on how well you do the pushups.

You'd be surprised how many people can't do pushups right.

Congrats to Nintendo, but I wonder how many of those are actually being used. I know at least a dozen people that have wii fit, but dont know any that played with it much past the holidays last year when they got it. Maybe all my friends are just lazy? Does anyone here still play theirs?