By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First Ratchet: ACIT review

Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
no your not leo-j

METACRITIC does determine this & has for most posters on internet forums around the net

If it hadn;t why do Metacritic threads get 100 + posts on Vg chartz, as much as people like to ROFL at metacritic, they use it too & its actually a VERY GOOD indication.

maybe ir ur a newb to gaming...if uve been gaming for at at least 3 years, u should kno wat like and u dont like and shouldn't need a collective opinion from other ppl to decide whether or not u should play a game....why do i need meta to tell me to play MGS4???? if im a fan it shouldn't matter wat meta thinks

Thats besides the point

I even said in my first post in the thread

for a game like R&C I don't care what it gets but FOR MANY GAMES...especially less hyped DS ones, dragon Age Origins & lower hyped games, metacritic matters to me, it gives me a rough guide of the games quality.

but its exactly the point - we should NOT be relying on reviews, Meta, and definitely hype to choose are games or judge whether a game is AAA( which again only means production values) AAA to one is NOT AAA to another...we have our own taste ands the only thing we should be using.

I totally disagree @ bolded

REVIEWS are very important.......£40 isn't some amount that grows on trees

Without reviews or META I would have bought LAIR, HAZE & so on

Without reviews I wouldn't have been warned of the shortcoming of assassin's creed 1 compared to its immense hype

If I wouldn't have listened to reviews I would have spent £40 on uncharted 1, basically £40 for 8 hours of gameplay, I don't have that kind of money to burn

Reviews & Meta are vital, especially as this is an expensive hobbie

But for some select few games like MGS4, FF13, GT5, GTA4 & so on.....games that you BUY the system for, meta isn't important

for the rest our tastes alone aren't that rgeat to decide by, as theres something called buyers remorse.....Meta + Reviews can help you avoid that.

Now onto the AAA GAMES point:

As for deciding what makes an AAA game, what makes a critically well recieved movie? CRITCS giving it high scores

in the same way an AAA GAME = 90 + on metacritic now.....simple as that really

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Christhor said:
88 Metacritic tops, it will still be one of the better Ratchet games, though.

Nah, ToD was 89, and ACiT looks way better.

I agree. And I saw this on meta while looking for reviews that I could actually read. I really wish I could take my PS3 to college with me, just to play this game. >_<

darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
no your not leo-j

METACRITIC does determine this & has for most posters on internet forums around the net

If it hadn;t why do Metacritic threads get 100 + posts on Vg chartz, as much as people like to ROFL at metacritic, they use it too & its actually a VERY GOOD indication.

maybe ir ur a newb to gaming...if uve been gaming for at at least 3 years, u should kno wat like and u dont like and shouldn't need a collective opinion from other ppl to decide whether or not u should play a game....why do i need meta to tell me to play MGS4???? if im a fan it shouldn't matter wat meta thinks

Thats besides the point

for a game like R&C I don't care what it gets but FOR MANY GAMES...especially less hyped DS ones, dragon Age Origins & lower hyped games, metacritic matters to me, it gives me a rough guide of the games quality.

but its exactly the point - we should NOT be relying on reviews, Meta, and definitely hype to choose are games or judge whether a game is AAA( which again only means production values) AAA to one is NOT AAA to another...we have our own taste ands the only thing we should be using.

Without reviews I wouldn't have been warned of the shortcoming of assassin's creed 1 compared to its immense hype

If I wouldn't have listened to reviews I would have spent £40 on uncharted 1, basically £40 for 8 hours of gameplay, I don't have that kind of money to burn

But for some select few games like MGS4, FF13, GT5, GTA4 & so on.....games that you BUY the system for, meta isn't important

for the rest our tastes alone aren't that rgeat to decide by, as theres something called buyers remorse.....Meta + Reviews can help you avoid that.

As for deciding what makes an AAA game, what makes a critically well recieved movie? CRITCS giving it high scores

Meta made me spend money on Ninja Gaiden Sigma that I could have used to buy something practical, such as £20 worth of mud.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:

Meta made me spend money on Ninja Gaiden Sigma that I could have used to buy something practical, such as £20 worth of mud.

Unless you had Ninja Gaiden Black or something, Ninja Gaiden has the best combat of any action series.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Kantor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
no your not leo-j

Thats besides the point

nothing is perfect

even META has its flaws

Thats where gametrailer video reviews come in (for nons tory games as they have spoilers in them too).

Or DEMO's

seriously kantor, after that horrible NGS demo on PSN I'm disappointed that you bought the game!!!

Around the Network

Thank you Kantor....I already answered this wat is AAA to one person is NOT AAA to another...and there is no such thing as AAA 90-100= A, 80-89= B 70-79 =C, 60-69=D 59 - under F...simplwe as that

@Xxain

there is & most people believe that to be the rating boundry & have for the last so many years

Deal with it

so u do kno theres A and AA movies right???..on a 100% percent wheres A and AA grades at???

darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
no your not leo-j

Thats besides the point

Using your tastes is bunch of crap, since i would never play VC,( Because the demo was not good representation of a full game) or other niche games. Also i would be scared of spending so much money on things that i haven't even tried yet.

kutasek said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
no your not leo-j

Thats besides the point

Using your tastes is bunch of crap, since i would never play VC,( Because the demo was not good representation of a full game) or other niche games. Also i would be scared of spending so much money on things that i haven't even tried yet.

exactly my point

the demo of VC didn't impress me much either but it is its STELLAR reviews & so on that got me to buy it

people saying go on your tastes & hype.....well its a bit silly to say that you know

Ofcourse go on your tastes if you hate FPS's, don't buy COD4 just because it was rated highly

Use a combinations of your tastes & metacritic

Do not use hype unless its for system selling games likes MGS4, FF13 yadda yadda.