By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Nintendo doesn't deserve to be on top

room414 said:

People without friends are dweebs, geeks, and weirdos.

You really shouldn't be judging people like that...

Haha. Now there is a geek/nerd/weirdo. A perfect picture of a ninty-fan. Who is this walking joke?

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Why would you say Nintendo has a lack of interest in multiplayer? The Wii has the most local multiplayer games. The whole point of the Wii is getting a bunch of friends or a whole family in the living room together so that there are more gamers per console than any other system. They just don't focus on online multiplayer, in which each person gets a console and stays home to play together. So there's a certain group of gamers that hate Nintendo for this, because they don't have friends who can come over to play.

So if you want to play online, you are a nerd with no friends? You must feel so superior as a wii owner now.

We've been through this, nerds aren't people with no friends.

Of course, "nerd" can't mean "gamer", because gaming is cool now. Whatever.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

The Ghost of RubangB said:

Oh no no no, I'm a nerd.  I love nerds.  All gamers are nerds.  People without friends are dweebs, geeks, and weirdos.

And Nintendo has made more "core" games on the Wii than they did on the GameCube.  Already.  They're making more of them and they're making them faster.

It's a different "core" though. But I'm not saying that they aren't making core games though. I think, if there were a point to be made, it's that this core has been more heavily focused on than previous nintendo core market, which is still at least 8-10M Wii owners.

To all:

Geeks are people who get unnaturally excited about seemingly insignificant things. As in to "geek out", like when one of yours friends laughs at their own bad joke. Geeks don't fit in well with the mainstream because they lack self composure.

Dweebs are people who are generally very book smart, but lack street smarts and EQ (emotional intelligence), and so find it hard to deal with the mainstream because they don't understand them.

Weirdos are those people who are described this way due to various reasons, mostly because they give you the chills whenever you are near them. They tend to stare at you, or do strange things to get attention.

@miz1q

haha sorry m8, nothing wrong with being a nerd. I'm a nerd myself. I more accurately meant to use a word describing "someone who is looked down upon by the mainstream."

Esa-Petteri said:

Haha. Now there is a geek/nerd/weirdo. A perfect picture of a ninty-fan. Who is this walking joke?

Do you mean to say that the perfect picture of a Nintendo fan is a walking joke?

I thought it was a pretty obvious joke. Not a very good one, mind you.
And jut for you Prof

N64>Gamecube>Wii> PS1>PS3>PS2.

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
And jut for you Prof

Any list with the PS2 on the bottom is a failure.

Kantor said:
dsister44 said:
And jut for you Prof

Any list with the PS2 on the bottom is a fail.

This is one of the particular internet idioms which I hate most. "Fail" is a verb. "Failure" is the noun that you are looking for. "This list is a failure at accomplishing its implied intent."

Sorry. Pet peeve.

Khuutra said:
Esa-Petteri said:

Do you mean to say that the perfect picture of a Nintendo fan is a walking joke?

Of course not. Saying that would get me banned.

leo-j said:
dtewi said:
Is this a joke?

why would it be a joke? There game releases this gen are sub par in comparison to last generation and ESPECIALLY the generation before that.

This is something that is far from the truth. People need to remember the gaming droughts of the Gamecube. Nintendo has released more games this generation that could qualify as "hardcore" than the gamecubes whole lifetime.

Khuutra said:
Kantor said:
dsister44 said:
And jut for you Prof

Any list with the PS2 on the bottom is a fail.

This is one of the particular internet idioms which I hate most. "Fail" is a verb. "Failure" is the noun that you are looking for. "This list is a failure at accomplishing its implied intent."

Sorry. Pet peeve.

That's a very good point, especially since I tend to be a bit of a grammar nazi.

*stealth edits*

EDIT: Idiom is one letter away from idiot, lol