By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Nintendo doesn't deserve to be on top

The Ghost of RubangB said:
theprof00 said:
Why would you say Nintendo has a lack of interest in multiplayer? The Wii has the most local multiplayer games. The whole point of the Wii is getting a bunch of friends or a whole family in the living room together so that there are more gamers per console than any other system. They just don't focus on online multiplayer, in which each person gets a console and stays home to play together. So there's a certain group of gamers that hate Nintendo for this, because they don't have friends who can come over to play.

Ummm, because I said so?

Well, maybe it's just because playing online multiplayer on wii is much like playing a game on the NES when a lot of onscreen objects start to appear and everything slows down and blinks in and out of existence. Why should anything more than local multiplayer be considered excessive? You make it sound like people who can't have friends over the house at every minute are nerds.

Oh no no no, I'm a nerd.  I love nerds.  All gamers are nerds.  People without friends are dweebs, geeks, and weirdos.

And Nintendo has made more "core" games on the Wii than they did on the GameCube.  Already.  They're making more of them and they're making them faster.

I thought gamers were geeks, and people with no friends were nerds?

Around the Network

^^ i thought people who were too good at school and have no friends were nerds. i agree gamers are more geeky than nerdy, lol :)

Chrizum said:
theprof00 said:
Why would you say Nintendo has a lack of interest in multiplayer? The Wii has the most local multiplayer games. The whole point of the Wii is getting a bunch of friends or a whole family in the living room together so that there are more gamers per console than any other system. They just don't focus on online multiplayer, in which each person gets a console and stays home to play together. So there's a certain group of gamers that hate Nintendo for this, because they don't have friends who can come over to play.

Ummm, because I said so?

Well, maybe it's just because playing online multiplayer on wii is much like playing a game on the NES when a lot of onscreen objects start to appear and everything slows down and blinks in and out of existence. Why should anything more than local multiplayer be considered excessive? You make it sound like people who can't have friends over the house at every minute are nerds.

Oh no no no, I'm a nerd.  I love nerds.  All gamers are nerds.  People without friends are dweebs, geeks, and weirdos.

And Nintendo has made more "core" games on the Wii than they did on the GameCube.  Already.  They're making more of them and they're making them faster.

No, gamers are nerds, people who are good with computers are geeks, and people with no friends are losers.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

People without friends are dweebs, geeks, and weirdos.

You really shouldn't be judging people like that...

Nerds? NERDS!

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Chrizum said:
theprof00 said:

Ummm, because I said so?

No, gamers are nerds, people who are good with computers are geeks, and people with no friends are losers.

Damn you guys are so judgemental. Loner does not necessarily equal loser pal.

Nerds aren't cool enough for HD gaming. Suck on that!

room414 said:
Kantor said:
Chrizum said:
theprof00 said:

Ummm, because I said so?

Damn you guys are so judgemental. Loner does not necessarily equal loser pal.

That's just the accepted terminology. I didn't make it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Pointless thread.

This type of thread can be easily made for every of the three console manufactures.

Like, Sony doesn't deserve it because the price they were asking for PS3 in the beggining, MS doesn't deserve it for the bad quality (RROD) and so on.

The comfortable leading position in console sales, with the most underpowered product and against a strongly established PlayStation brand amongst the new gamers last two gens means either that Nintendo obviously deserved it with something or the other two doesn't deserve it more than Nintendo does.

So if you want to play online, you are a nerd with no friends? You must feel so superior as a wii owner now.