By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will almost certainly beat 360

Around the Network
steverhcp02 said:
i love flame titled threads, theni come in and see a single sentence as teh OP, not even trying to make a somewhat cloaked intelligent starting point.

Love them interwebs.

I stopped reading the comments after reading this...

yes...the interwebs...

guys console sales do not matter at all!!!
It's the software everyone is interested. That's were the money is.
And if the software sales on Ps3 are higher than the ones for xbox
over a period of a couple of months. Then you can say the Ps3 beat the XBox 360.
And trust me publishers are seeing this trend now and there will probably be more
exclusive games for the ps3 in the future.
(Note: In Others and Japan Ps3 software has been outselling the counterpart for quite a while)

hsrob said:

Even if we were to accep last week's numbers as representative of a new baseline, with the PS3 selling ~60 000 more units per week than the Xbox 360, it's going to take nearly two and a half years for the PS3 to catch the 360.

And we have to assume that in that time Microsoft is going to sit there twiddling it's thumbs, idly watching it's market share disappear.

nojustno

+1, very wise :)

Interestingly the difference in profitability between the Xbox 360 division and the PS division was $1,000,000,000 last quarter. If the Xbox 360 can be both profitable and outsell the PS3 it would be a resounding success on all fronts.

Tease.

Around the Network

I still say there isn't much of a chance anymore.

Zzzz, no one can tell how future sales will be. Natal could boost sales and blow right by PS3 (not really considering its still ahead worldwide) or could do nothing at all.

ya I Bet 360 Out sells PS3 Next week By about 30K

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

AnthonyW86 said:

Funny ironman, maybe you should read the whole sentence before trying to post a smart comment? Maybe Summer 2010 is a ''optimistic'' scenario, but end of 2010 for sure. And Microsoft doesn't have anything to counter with, games like Halo Reach do not launch before the end of next year.

Halo Reach will not be launched before the end of next year? I think you have your companies mixed up. Sony is the company who pushes back every exclusive while time and time again Microsoft delivers when the game is expected, sometimes even before. If I remember correctly Halo 3 was a November title pushed back to Sept. Every Halo title ships in the month of September and Reach won't be an exception. Actually ODST owners will be playing Reach in the Spring, at least the beta.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ironman said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ironman said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ironman said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ironman said:
uber said:
it is a true testimony to the power of invincible ignorance when after 4 years of this gen the 360 can be getting trounced in weekly sales, yet its fans are still talking about how it will turn it around and claim 2nd.

it's like half of the m$ fans want to hurry up and start the next gen to get another early lead that won't last, and the other half are frantically rubbing trolls' bellies hoping natal descends from heaven and saves them from their gaming sins.

$ony has the lead now, but MS has tricks up their sleeve that $ony just won't be able to counter, do you really think $ony can keep up with the sales once the new Natal console comes out, I bet we will see yet another pricecut at that time for the other SKUs. The only reason $ony is doing so well right now is because they released a "new" console with a pricecut. They may come close to the 360 in sales by the end of the gen, but beat it...very doubtful.

wow you really seem to have a lot of faith in microsoft man! if that list of games you posted up is why then dont count on it, cause most of em suck. they look even worse when compared to what ps3 has! GT5! FINAL FANTASY, HEAVY RAIN, MAG, AGENT!!! if you think games is gonna put microsoft back on top then forget about it cause sony have there own games!

That is purely subjective, but so much for an unbiased reply from you I guess.

To me the only game on your list that looks remotely good to me is GT5, does that mean that all of a sudden, since MS has at least three games on my list that appeal to me, MS will suddenly win by a Wii like landslide? No, and I never said it would, if you would take your goggles off for just one moment and read all my posts you would see that I said more than once that the exclusives alone are not going to be enough for either side. Sony has shown it's hand, and MS has only announced theirs. Once the new SKU comes, along with a probable price cut for the other SKUs, I think you will see the gap widen again.

I think it's funny that you would call me a die hard MS fan, just shows me how little you know. My posting history shows quite the oposite....Oh the irony, SOLIDSNAKE08 calling ME a fanboy. XD You crack me up kid!

alright you said "to me the only games on your list" well no one really cares about "you" but millions of fans around the world care about those games.

XD, really, so when you voice your opinion it's fact, but  I voice mine and I am discounted as one person??? Well, You just made my list son, five posts of utter bullshit completely void of reason and logic, funny I was just talking about people like you in another thread. I laugh at your pittiful attempts to justify an argument that has absolutely no merit since there is nothing but pure speculation to back it up.

hey man, dont get mad at me cause the 360 gonna get its ass kicked! blame the fuckin people thatv are buying the ps3 every week

First off, I am not mad at you for anything, I am laughing at the amount of fail you are pumping out. Secondly, I don't really care if the 360 does go to thrid place, It won't affect me because I can still have fun with my console. Unlike you, I'm not so insecure about my console of choice that I have to spew garbage and insult everybody who calls me out on it. See, While It doesn't affect me, I know that you are wrong, the PS3 cannot hold these sales numbers, especially once Natal comes out. This forum could use fewer members like yourself, but thankfully, there is a user ignore script which has come in quite handy for blocking out annoyances, that having been said, good riddance!

LMFAO! NATAL!! boy i cant wait till it comes out and does nothing for sales. yes current owners will enjoy i, but i dont think it'll sell consoles and you was saying im "spewing garbage" just for saying the ps3 has its own lineup of games. atleast tell my why you think natal is gonna somehow put the 360 above 200k? if there was a price cut then it will but it will drop off so quick like the last price cut.

I think a hardware add on that can change the style of gaming would have more of an effect on console sales than a 5th entry of a tired racing franchise would. If GT5 will push systems, Natal will push just as much if not more. GT5 isn't reaching a new audience in the HD market, in fact its audience has shrunk now that Forza 3 is available. Not as many people as you think are gonna buy a system for a racing sim. To be honest I do hope GT5 sells well, because its getting pretty embarrasing how badly each AAA game's sales on the PS3 get slaughtered by a 360 AAA game's sales. If you PS3 fanboys love these games so much how come you aren't buying them? Sony's big name software sales are laughable.  So please respond with your ps fanboyism.