By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will almost certainly beat 360

natal will only sell well if it costs less than £40, and that will not be possible trust me, not unless they boost the cost of live

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network
jneul said:
Ok you really are delusional, halo or forza do not push the same amounts of sales as any ff or gt franchise, so yes they will make a difference, what i meant was that everyone who wanted those games already has bought them, it's always the same with xbox games everyone always rushes out to buy it on day one or week one, its different here, we like to spread things out a bit which is why uncharted 2 still sold 200k recently, it will keep on selling well for the rest of christmas, after christmas it will hit 2m which ios not bad at all.
Natal is going to come too late and too expensive, and ultimately nobody will care as much about it, as for the hype its getting, just wait till the PS Wand comes out, that hype is going to die, especially as we all know Natal is really just an eyetoy in disguise

I never mentioned Forza, I think you might be delusional yourself here.  Since when did a single FF sell more than Halo 3?  It doesn't matter how you try to spread your bullshit on here, front loaded huge selling titles are better for a developer rather than long legs selling at a lower price 6 months down the line that ultimately still finish with lower LTD numbers than their opposition. 

Oh you made me laugh there^^ didn't FF7 sell over 10 million copies, yes I know none of the FF PS2 versions ever sold that many, but I believe FFXIII will sell more than Halo 3, which i must admit is not really a fair comparison because it is multiplatform

Anyway Naughty Dog still managed to make a profit from Uncharted 1, and I am sure the same is likely for Uncharted 2 seen as it is well on it's way to 2m copies sold.

I'm really glad that we have developers that care about quality and not just quantity and $$$$

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Final Fantasy 7 sold 9.7 million. Halo 3 has sold more than that.

FF13 may sell more than Halo 3, but it won't create a larger push for the Ps3 than Halo 3 did for the X360. That was your original argument, was it not?

Jneul, you really should take a look at your own, crazy arguments before calling other people delusional.

The 10.32m sales for Halo3 will be shipped numbers, not real sold amounts as micrsoft publishes their sales number differently.
I am sure it sold more than that, plus all them psn downloads would have added to that amount, but I am sure they no longer even track FF7 sales.
I am not talking about hardware sales here, software wise FFXIII will sell more than the x360 version period, when the sales figures come back then we can talk ok

PS VITA = LIFE

Around the Network
jneul said:

The 10.32m sales for Halo3 will be shipped numbers, not real sold amounts as micrsoft publishes their sales number differently.
I am sure it sold more than that, plus all them psn downloads would have added to that amount, but I am sure they no longer even track FF7 sales.
I am not talking about hardware sales here, software wise FFXIII will sell more than the x360 version period, when the sales figures come back then we can talk ok

No they are estimated sold numbers. There are no published numbers for any of these games.

Tease.

ughh why do i even bother lol, yes if they are estimated that means it is inaccurate data!!, so for all we know halo3 might actaully sold a lot less or more copies then what the figure says, and the same can be said about FF7 too.

PS VITA = LIFE

jneul said:
ughh why do i even bother lol, yes if they are estimated that means it is inaccurate data!!, so for all we know halo3 might actaully sold a lot less or more copies then what the figure says, and the same can be said about FF7 too.

No the final fantasy 7 numbers were given by S-E.

Tease.

jneul said:

Actually, I'm going to say that it appears that you don't bother. You're not bothering to actually look up if what you say is correct, and as a result, you're incorrect nearly every time you post something. You can't blame us for you being incorrect.

Not really.  Sony's got a huge fanboy following.  Just take a look around this site and all the top game message boards.  Honestly though does it really matter if Sony sales more than Microsoft.   Either way I'll be happy with both my consoles.  Must suck to not benefit from all gaming platforms.   This a trash thread full of emptiness.