By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will almost certainly beat 360

Ofcourse not but if it where cheap they wouldnt make such a statement. Because obviously everything costs you. So instead of saying: It will cost you much they said It will cost you. If it would be cheap they would have said nothing.

Around the Network
ironman said:

It will sell, I never said masses of console, I said it would do more for MS that the Wand would do for the PS3. The fact that it will be "bundled" with an entirely new SKU Should tell you that MS is serious about this. Also, Like it or not, for What Natal is, $89.99 would be a fair price IMO, I would even buy it if it were $120, but much over that, well I think it's sales will suffer. Anyway. Just because you can't see outside your box, doesn't mean the rest of the world is in the same confines as you.

If they are all that serious it will be bundled with the lowest costing 360.  But if you got a 200 arcade and 300 pro and the natal one is even more expensive then that says a lot.

Wand will be more succesfull by the virtue of it being similar to wiis waggle, people are used to that more and will adopt Sonys wand much easier then natal.

I'll bet on Microsoft. Any takers?

LF-A said:
ironman said:

It will sell, I never said masses of console, I said it would do more for MS that the Wand would do for the PS3. The fact that it will be "bundled" with an entirely new SKU Should tell you that MS is serious about this. Also, Like it or not, for What Natal is, $89.99 would be a fair price IMO, I would even buy it if it were $120, but much over that, well I think it's sales will suffer. Anyway. Just because you can't see outside your box, doesn't mean the rest of the world is in the same confines as you.

If they are all that serious it will be bundled with the lowest costing 360.  But if you got a 200 arcade and 300 pro and the natal one is even more expensive then that says a lot.

Wand will be more succesfull by the virtue of it being similar to wiis waggle, people are used to that more and will adopt Sonys wand much easier then natal.

No, they are serious, they will be bundiling it with a new SKU, and perhaps dropping the price of the other SKUs.

The wand will not be more successful because it has very few people excited, the media barely gave it a second look. It also will be looked at as a Wiimote clone...hardly origional. Natal is something fresh, new, and exciting. it has the media and game devs excited, as well as people who up till this point, are not into gaming.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

ironman said:

The wand will not be more successful because it has very few people excited, the media barely gave it a second look. It also will be looked at as a Wiimote clone...hardly origional. Natal is something fresh, new, and exciting. it has the media and game devs excited, as well as people who up till this point, are not into gaming.

Are you talking about Natal or is it the Milo demo?

Around the Network
OctaBech said:
ironman said:

Obviously Natal, although the Milo demo was instrumental in causing the excitement I suspect.

Past Avatar picture!!!

ironman said:
OctaBech said:
ironman said:

Obviously Natal, although the Milo demo was instrumental in causing the excitement I suspect.

Interesting, I got a couple of questions about peoples expectations for Natal(the reason I became a member here), but it'll need its own thread.

OctaBech said:
ironman said:
OctaBech said:
ironman said:

Interesting, I got a couple of questions about peoples expectations for Natal(the reason I became a member here), but it'll need its own thread.

that will be thread # 1053 about Natal since E3. try using the search function, you will save everybody the pain of another thread.

Past Avatar picture!!!

ironman said:
OctaBech said:
ironman said:
OctaBech said:
ironman said:

that will be thread # 1053 about Natal since E3. try using the search function, you will save everybody the pain of another thread.

But the threads I found do not have much content, nor do they tell me what I'm interested to hear about(peoples expectations to what it will change EDIT: what they want from Natal).

ironman said:

No, they are serious, they will be bundiling it with a new SKU, and perhaps dropping the price of the other SKUs.

natal will flop hard.

360s fanbase will look at it and crap all over natal, other then forum fanboys the fanbase wont accept natal its just a gimmick to them like the wii.  You don't go from most hardcore to gimmick over night.  360s shooter fanbase wont give a rats ass about it seeing as they are very much like me.

Hype meant f all, most on here should know that every time a massively hyped games severly dissapoints in sales.  But i get it you own a 360 and want it to do well and this gimmick is ms hail mary of beating Sony.  You are better of betting on the next Halo selling +20m before you bet on this gimmick to be a massive success.

Wii had very few people excited, remember that.  Or remember Killzone2s hype, even bbc got into it yahh really did Halo like there.