By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will almost certainly beat 360

ironman said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ironman said:
uber said:
it is a true testimony to the power of invincible ignorance when after 4 years of this gen the 360 can be getting trounced in weekly sales, yet its fans are still talking about how it will turn it around and claim 2nd.

it's like half of the m$ fans want to hurry up and start the next gen to get another early lead that won't last, and the other half are frantically rubbing trolls' bellies hoping natal descends from heaven and saves them from their gaming sins.

$ony has the lead now, but MS has tricks up their sleeve that $ony just won't be able to counter, do you really think $ony can keep up with the sales once the new Natal console comes out, I bet we will see yet another pricecut at that time for the other SKUs. The only reason $ony is doing so well right now is because they released a "new" console with a pricecut. They may come close to the 360 in sales by the end of the gen, but beat it...very doubtful.

wow you really seem to have a lot of faith in microsoft man! if that list of games you posted up is why then dont count on it, cause most of em suck. they look even worse when compared to what ps3 has! GT5! FINAL FANTASY, HEAVY RAIN, MAG, AGENT!!! if you think games is gonna put microsoft back on top then forget about it cause sony have there own games!

That is purely subjective, but so much for an unbiased reply from you I guess.

To me the only game on your list that looks remotely good to me is GT5, does that mean that all of a sudden, since MS has at least three games on my list that appeal to me, MS will suddenly win by a Wii like landslide? No, and I never said it would, if you would take your goggles off for just one moment and read all my posts you would see that I said more than once that the exclusives alone are not going to be enough for either side. Sony has shown it's hand, and MS has only announced theirs. Once the new SKU comes, along with a probable price cut for the other SKUs, I think you will see the gap widen again.

I think it's funny that you would call me a die hard MS fan, just shows me how little you know. My posting history shows quite the oposite....Oh the irony, SOLIDSNAKE08 calling ME a fanboy. XD You crack me up kid!

alright you said "to me the only games on your list" well no one really cares about "you" but millions of fans around the world care about those games.

Around the Network
ironman said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ironman said:
uber said:
it is a true testimony to the power of invincible ignorance when after 4 years of this gen the 360 can be getting trounced in weekly sales, yet its fans are still talking about how it will turn it around and claim 2nd.

it's like half of the m$ fans want to hurry up and start the next gen to get another early lead that won't last, and the other half are frantically rubbing trolls' bellies hoping natal descends from heaven and saves them from their gaming sins.

$ony has the lead now, but MS has tricks up their sleeve that $ony just won't be able to counter, do you really think $ony can keep up with the sales once the new Natal console comes out, I bet we will see yet another pricecut at that time for the other SKUs. The only reason $ony is doing so well right now is because they released a "new" console with a pricecut. They may come close to the 360 in sales by the end of the gen, but beat it...very doubtful.

wow you really seem to have a lot of faith in microsoft man! if that list of games you posted up is why then dont count on it, cause most of em suck. they look even worse when compared to what ps3 has! GT5! FINAL FANTASY, HEAVY RAIN, MAG, AGENT!!! if you think games is gonna put microsoft back on top then forget about it cause sony have there own games!

To me the only game on your list that looks remotely good to me is GT5, does that mean that all of a sudden, since MS has at least three games on my list that appeal to me, MS will suddenly win by a Wii like landslide? No, and I never said it would, if you would take your goggles off for just one moment and read all my posts you would see that I said more than once that the exclusives alone are not going to be enough for either side. Sony has shown it's hand, and MS has only announced theirs. Once the new SKU comes, along with a probable price cut for the other SKUs, I think you will see the gap widen again.

I think it's funny that you would call me a die hard MS fan, just shows me how little you know. My posting history shows quite the oposite....Oh the irony, SOLIDSNAKE08 calling ME a fanboy. XD You crack me up kid!

HOLY SHIT!!!! You must really hate me...that or you just cant bring yourslef to profess your undying love for me, so you have to do the dreaded QUADROUPLE post in order to create the illusion that you dislike me...sorry bro, I don't roll that way. BTW Double posting is bad form on forums, Quadrouple posting...absolutely disgusting, there's this thing called an edit button, USE IT!

you know what man, i like you. you know why? cause when my prediction of 360 never outselling ps3 again worldwide is still going strong this time next year, i wanna see what you say. yeh and i dont know how to use the forums properly. its not really an easy layout. lets just leave it at that. dont reply.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ironman said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ironman said:
uber said:

alright you said "to me the only games on your list" well no one really cares about "you" but millions of fans around the world care about those games.

XD, really, so when you voice your opinion it's fact, but  I voice mine and I am discounted as one person??? Well, You just made my list son, five posts of utter bullshit completely void of reason and logic, funny I was just talking about people like you in another thread. I laugh at your pittiful attempts to justify an argument that has absolutely no merit since there is nothing but pure speculation to back it up.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

ironman said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ironman said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ironman said:
uber said:

XD, really, so when you voice your opinion it's fact, but  I voice mine and I am discounted as one person??? Well, You just made my list son, five posts of utter bullshit completely void of reason and logic, funny I was just talking about people like you in another thread. I laugh at your pittiful attempts to justify an argument that has absolutely no merit since there is nothing but pure speculation to back it up.

hey man, dont get mad at me cause the 360 gonna get its ass kicked! blame the fuckin people thatv are buying the ps3 every week

Steroid said:
I think the PS3 is going to beat the 360 in the long run like how the SNES beat the Genesis.

When that happened, several things were around that aren't now with Microsoft and the XBox:

1. Sega was operating on break even, with all its profits going into marketing.

2. Sega was split in its management between North America and Japan, resulting in confusion in what systems to launch wear.

3. The SNES had clear technical advantages over the Genesis, which aren't present here.  If one were to argue chip design, the 360 is like the SNES in that its CPU is slower, but it has a superior graphics chip to the competing system.

4. With all these factors, the presumption now is that Microsoft can't or won't do thinks to cause things to tip back into its favor.

Around the Network
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ironman said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ironman said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ironman said:
uber said:

hey man, dont get mad at me cause the 360 gonna get its ass kicked! blame the fuckin people thatv are buying the ps3 every week

First off, I am not mad at you for anything, I am laughing at the amount of fail you are pumping out. Secondly, I don't really care if the 360 does go to thrid place, It won't affect me because I can still have fun with my console. Unlike you, I'm not so insecure about my console of choice that I have to spew garbage and insult everybody who calls me out on it. See, While It doesn't affect me, I know that you are wrong, the PS3 cannot hold these sales numbers, especially once Natal comes out. This forum could use fewer members like yourself, but thankfully, there is a user ignore script which has come in quite handy for blocking out annoyances, that having been said, good riddance!

Past Avatar picture!!!

*enters thread*
*leaves thread*

ironman said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ironman said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ironman said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ironman said:
uber said:

First off, I am not mad at you for anything, I am laughing at the amount of fail you are pumping out. Secondly, I don't really care if the 360 does go to thrid place, It won't affect me because I can still have fun with my console. Unlike you, I'm not so insecure about my console of choice that I have to spew garbage and insult everybody who calls me out on it. See, While It doesn't affect me, I know that you are wrong, the PS3 cannot hold these sales numbers, especially once Natal comes out. This forum could use fewer members like yourself, but thankfully, there is a user ignore script which has come in quite handy for blocking out annoyances, that having been said, good riddance!

LMFAO! NATAL!! boy i cant wait till it comes out and does nothing for sales. yes current owners will enjoy i, but i dont think it'll sell consoles and you was saying im "spewing garbage" just for saying the ps3 has its own lineup of games. atleast tell my why you think natal is gonna somehow put the 360 above 200k? if there was a price cut then it will but it will drop off so quick like the last price cut.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ironman said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ironman said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ironman said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ironman said:
uber said:

LMFAO! NATAL!! boy i cant wait till it comes out and does nothing for sales. yes current owners will enjoy i, but i dont think it'll sell consoles and you was saying im "spewing garbage" just for saying the ps3 has its own lineup of games. atleast tell my why you think natal is gonna somehow put the 360 above 200k? if there was a price cut then it will but it will drop off so quick like the last price cut.

I should really mark the posts saying that Natal will come out at $25 because it's just a camera. Considering how much MS sells a 360 HDD. Or WiFi this really makes sense!

Fufinu said:

I should really mark the posts saying that Natal will come out at $25 because it's just a camera. Considering how much MS sells a 360 HDD. Or WiFi this really makes sense!

Eh, what?I havn't seen any of those posts...but if that is true, those people are sadly mistaken. Infact, MS doesn't even sell the webcam for that cheap. It's $40.00 for pete's sake.

Past Avatar picture!!!