By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I believe the USED market may hurt the 360 and PS2 come the holidays

angrypoolman said:
themanwithnoname said:
angrypoolman said:
Khuutra said:
angrypoolman said:
Hey, don't get me wrong, I love the PS3 and 360. I don't want them to die, or go anywhere. I just want it to be very clear who is in charge here. As long as Sony and Microsoft are put in their place, everything will be fine. Nintendo has earned their rightful spot as number #1 and I am doing what is in my power to keep them there. That, to me, is more important than some developers for 360 and PS3 getting a few extra copies sold. Maybe if sales for those companies slide enough, they will wise up and side with Nintendo, and develop better games for their system.

What the Hell is this? Why do you let your agenda affect other people's buying decisions?

Because... I want Nintendo to be on top...

You are actually responding to the answer to your question.

Your job as a salesperson is to help the people with what they want, not with what you want them to buy.

ACTUALLY my job as a sales person is to do whatever it takes to manipulate customers into throwing money into GameStop's lap. That is what we are trained to do.

So a large portion of people walk into Gamestop with no intention of buying anything? Believe it or not, stuff would get sold if you worked there or not.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
angrypoolman said:
MontanaHatchet said:
angrypoolman said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Wow Angrypoolman, that may just be one of the most immature and fanboyish things I have ever heard.

Do your freakin' job right. You're not paid to have a console allegiance, and your petty efforts don't do a thing to change Nintendo's fortunes. It's just pathetic.

Oh come on Monty, I do my job great. GameStop makes a living off of used sales, so what do I do? I get them some used sales. At the expense of Ps3 and 360 of course, but that is what GameStop wants us to do. I was one of the best workers there because I was the only one with any enthusiasm for sales, whether they be new or used.

And if what I am doing makes no difference, then I don't see why you would care.

Well since Nintendo sells the most software out of the three, you'd actually benefit Gamestop the most by selling used games for Nintendo systems.

And I care because what you're doing is one of the dumbest, pathetic, and most fanboyish things I've ever heard.

You can make this statement all you want, but I am not going to take it seriously until you actually state why it's dumb or pathetic. Those are just buzzwords to get your followers wriled up.

Hmm, you responded to that part instead of the part where I turned your entire argument upside down. Guess you show more allegiance to a company that only really cares about your money than a company that pays and employs you. And I don't really have any "followers," there are just several people in agreement that what you're doing is incredibly fanboyish. It's one thing to have a console allegiance, but actually taking that allegiance into your job and actively trying to hurt the companies you don't like is incredibly petty.

Although, given some of the things you've posted in the past, none of this should surprise me.

Ok, sorry, you are right. I completely ignored the first part.

If all I were concerned with was benefitting GameStop, then I would sell ALL games used. I choose to help Nintendo because they're the best. Plain and simple. You, in no way, turned my argument upside down. I will proudly state that I care more about a company that supplies me with quality video games rather than a company that just happened to employ me during my young adult years.

themanwithnoname said:
angrypoolman said:
themanwithnoname said:
angrypoolman said:
Khuutra said:
angrypoolman said:
Hey, don't get me wrong, I love the PS3 and 360. I don't want them to die, or go anywhere. I just want it to be very clear who is in charge here. As long as Sony and Microsoft are put in their place, everything will be fine. Nintendo has earned their rightful spot as number #1 and I am doing what is in my power to keep them there. That, to me, is more important than some developers for 360 and PS3 getting a few extra copies sold. Maybe if sales for those companies slide enough, they will wise up and side with Nintendo, and develop better games for their system.

What the Hell is this? Why do you let your agenda affect other people's buying decisions?

Your job as a salesperson is to help the people with what they want, not with what you want them to buy.

ACTUALLY my job as a sales person is to do whatever it takes to manipulate customers into throwing money into GameStop's lap. That is what we are trained to do.

So a large portion of people walk into Gamestop with no intention of buying anything? Believe it or not, stuff would get sold if you worked there or not.

I would actually go to a different store if an employing was trying to persuade me into buying something. I know what I like with electronics so I don't want someone trying to tell me what to buy.

I'm still thinking pool is joking.

steverhcp02 said:
angrypoolman said:
themanwithnoname said:
angrypoolman said:
Khuutra said:
angrypoolman said:

And by throwing the largest marketshare company consumers to the new games sales rather than used your failing.

You suck at being an employee.

Uhh.. no. People who go to GameStop buy 360 games far far far more than any other game for any other console. I am actually doing GameStop a huge favor by choosing to sell 360/PS3 games used. Afterall, it is where the 'hardcore' crowd shops for video games.

Ah, angrypoolman. I thought it was a joke, but it's even funnier that it isn't. Crazy stuff.

Anyway, the real "problem" about this used game industry, is that so many people are selling their games / consoles in the first place. Make that stop (make the games replayable so they don't sell it), and the problem won't be as bad.

Around the Network
angrypoolman said:
MontanaHatchet said:
angrypoolman said:
MontanaHatchet said:
angrypoolman said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Wow Angrypoolman, that may just be one of the most immature and fanboyish things I have ever heard.

Do your freakin' job right. You're not paid to have a console allegiance, and your petty efforts don't do a thing to change Nintendo's fortunes. It's just pathetic.

Oh come on Monty, I do my job great. GameStop makes a living off of used sales, so what do I do? I get them some used sales. At the expense of Ps3 and 360 of course, but that is what GameStop wants us to do. I was one of the best workers there because I was the only one with any enthusiasm for sales, whether they be new or used.

And if what I am doing makes no difference, then I don't see why you would care.

Well since Nintendo sells the most software out of the three, you'd actually benefit Gamestop the most by selling used games for Nintendo systems.

And I care because what you're doing is one of the dumbest, pathetic, and most fanboyish things I've ever heard.

You can make this statement all you want, but I am not going to take it seriously until you actually state why it's dumb or pathetic. Those are just buzzwords to get your followers wriled up.

Hmm, you responded to that part instead of the part where I turned your entire argument upside down. Guess you show more allegiance to a company that only really cares about your money than a company that pays and employs you. And I don't really have any "followers," there are just several people in agreement that what you're doing is incredibly fanboyish. It's one thing to have a console allegiance, but actually taking that allegiance into your job and actively trying to hurt the companies you don't like is incredibly petty.

Although, given some of the things you've posted in the past, none of this should surprise me.

Ok, sorry, you are right. I completely ignored the first part.

If all I were concerned with was benefitting GameStop, then I would sell ALL games used. I choose to help Nintendo because they're the best. Plain and simple. You, in no way, turned my argument upside down. I will proudly state that I care more about a company that supplies me with quality video games rather than a company that just happened to employ me during my young adult years.

So basically, you don't do what's best for Gamestop, just what's best for Nintendo.

I won't even bother arguing against you anywhere. It's just too much fail for me to deal with anymore.

themanwithnoname said:
angrypoolman said:
themanwithnoname said:
angrypoolman said:
Khuutra said:
angrypoolman said:

The irony is, of all the consoles, the most likely demographic to enter a gemstop and seek sales advice on what to buy are nintendo owners, and hes directing them to new games which dont benefit Gamestops bottom line, so hes actually probably the worst employee.....id venture to say 95% of 360 or PS3 owners going ot buy a game know what theyr ebuying, dont want to be sold to and would tell this guy to fuck off if he persisted or at least i would.

So the largest chance of someone actually using a gamestop employees advice would probably be a casual DS or Wii owner, and this guy is probably the best stupidest employee gamestop has on its roster.

VGC needs a "like" button on each post..

mM
Chairman-Mao said:
Yeah probably. The used market is killing gaming sales, and for some reason I still buy used.

Because its cheaper than normal and more accessible?

themanwithnoname said:
angrypoolman said:
themanwithnoname said:
angrypoolman said:
Khuutra said:
angrypoolman said:

Why are you diverting the point? I thought we were on the subject of what your job as a salesperson is. One of the five huge things we are supposed to do at GameStop is 'add ons' ask anybody who works there right now, they will tell you the same. People bring up something they want to buy, and you are supposed to 'add on.'

And yes, I am aware stuff would get sold without me, the thing is that I sell a lot more stuff than most the people there. I don't see what your point is.